Southwest Florida Blues Festival
|Country and Region||United States — Florida|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Cape Coral, Florida, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Jerry Tolliver, Event Coordinator
A great laid back festival, located just minutes from southwest Florida beaches, coastal waterways, art galleries, restaurants and more… Blankets and chairs are encouraged. No coolers, No pets, No Beach Umbrellas please. Artist times and dates are subject to change without further notice, please check http://www.MatlachaMariners.org or http://www.SouthwestFloridaBluesFestival.com. For artist Bio information, festival details and updates please check our web sites.
|Festival Dates||November 17, 2012|
The Matlacha Mariners are 501c3 southwest Florida nonprofit organization which are raising funds to benefit local charities. All proceeds benefit local groups and organizations in need of funding, such as elementary music education, student scholarships, senior citizens groups, the pine island explorers, little league baseball, the beacon of hope, the Bobby Holloway foundation, F. I. S. H. And more..
- Shaun Murphy Band (was the first lady of the band “Little Feet” for more than 16 years and continues to perform on tour with Bob Seger)
- Mac Arnold and Plate Full of Blues (nominated for the 2012 traditional blues album of the year and has a history steeped in the music industry as a former bass player for BB King and other music icons)
- Too Slim and the Taildraggers (nominated for the 2012 BMA — Blues Music Award — for best Blues/Rock album)
- Albert Castiglia (pronounced, ka-Steel-ya, is one of Florida’s hottest young guitar players who will definitely rock the house)
- Deb and the Dynamics (have virtually become this event’s house band and as usual an amazing crowd favorite)
- Reverend Raven and the Chain Smokin’ Alter Boys (will bring us that Chicago style blues — not to mention some great harp work featuring Madison Slim)
- Screamin’ and Cryin’ (with Frank Greathouse & Paul Laronde — Frank has previously traveled playing on the Chittlin’ Circuit and Paul Laronde fronts his own when they are not together. They will give our old school traditional fans everything they could ask for, this pairing is a traditional blues lover’s dream.
- $ 15.00 in advance
- $ 20.00 at the gate Kids 11 and under free with a paid adult
- Complete details, including advance ticket information can be found online at: http://www.MatlachaMariners.org or http://www.SouthwestFloridaBluesFestival.com
- Tentative Rain Date — Sunday, November 18, 2012
- German American Social Club
2101 Southwest Pine Island Road
Cape Coral, FL 33991