Fresh Island Festival
Photos courtesy of Fresh Island Festival.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Croatia — Zadarska|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Novaloa, Pag Island, Zadarska, Croatia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Filip Phillie Ivelja "Phat Phillie" Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Situated on the gorgeous beach Zrće on Island Of Pag, Fresh Island offers Hip Hop fans, festival goers and sun-worshipers something out of the ordinary: intimate surroundings where they can see the hottest names in Hip Hop perform for them, admits the stunning Adriatic coastline of Zrce beach and enjoy a bar-tab considerably lighter than a Miami beach club!
Recently unveiled as the first two headliners to feature across this four day extravaganza of music and partying, Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion, Iggy Azalea and A$AP Rocky will be joining fans on the ‘New Yorker’ main stage (Papaya & Aquarius Open Air Clubs) to deliver what will be their performances of the summer — A$AP also only due to play two European dates this summer, Fresh Island being one of the grand exclusives.
Now in it’s second year, Fresh Island looks to join the heavyweight ranks of the European festival circuit, having already showed many its potential for hot parties and amazing performances, this year is looking to be no exception. 2013 boasts beach parties, pool parties and many more in a setting that would put even the hottest beach clubs of the world to shame – and with a host of other huge names set to join the bill its shaping up to be the go-to-place this summer.
|Festival Dates||July 10 - 13, 2013|
Pioneers of the hip-hop & R’n’B scene in Croatia and several countries in the region, including internationally known European promoter, DJ Phat Phillie, croatian hip hop ambassador, DJ and creative artist Bizzo Bodega, event manager Damir Stupnišek Stupni and PR expert and R’N’B promoter Adnan Mehmedović Medo — have teamed up in “A4” organization to introduce international audience to: ”FRESH ISLAND”. The newest, freshest and also first specialized r’n’b and hip-hop festival in the region.
After more than 1000 events organized in Croatia & throughout Europe, with the great promoting, event, marketing and artistic experience and over 150 successfully organized concerts, performances of locally and internationally renowned artists including Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent, Redman & Method Man, Montell Jordan, The Brand New Heavies, DJ Premier, Jazzy Jeff, Blackstreet, Pete Rock, Onyx, Ghostface Killah, MOP and many others – the A4 team have decided to create FRESH ISLAND FESTIVAL, the first of its kind in a wider region.
Frauenfeld Festival in Switzerland started way back in 1985, and today it gathers over 100 performers on 10 different stages, and over 80,000 visitors each year, coming from all over the world. Throughout the years Frauenfeld Festival have hosted impressive number of international acts including Jay-Z, Kanye West, Eminem and Snoop Dogg. Czech Republic festival Hip-Hop Kemp is right next to Fraunenfeld and perhaps the second most known hip-hop festival in Europe to which enviable names respond every year such as The Roots, Redman etc. Following the example of these two mega-festivals, but again in a different and more unique form because the entire action takes place on a beautiful Adriatic coast, this summer the audience will be able to enjoy their idol’s performances in a slightly different musical atmosphere than the one they are accustomed to visiting other festivals.
- Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion
- A$AP Rocky
- Iggy Azalea
- DJ Tony Touch
- Statik Selektah
- Bad Copy
- J-Ro of Tha Liks
- Matt White
- DJ MK
- DJ Katch
- DJ Phat Phillie
- Bizzo Bodega
- Femal DJs Takeover
- DJ Pfund 500
- DJ yas Cepeda
- DJ FRX
- So What Soundsystem
- DJ Shorty P
- DJ Cesar
- DJ Kidcut
- DJ Soulclap
- DJ Oli Doboli
- DJ Odie
- DH Laki & DJ Rokam
- DJ K’Pow
- RNB Confusion DJs
- plus many more…
- Fresh Island Festival 2012
- Fresh Island festival 2012 @ Papaya club
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Zrće Beach
Novaloa, Pag Island
- Situated on the beautiful Isle of Pag, Zrce beach is one of the most stunning locations a festival could hope for. Surrounded by mountains and right next to the deep blue sea, the home of Hideout Festival is nothing if not idyllic. A safe distance from the stress of city life, Zrce is the perfect place to chill by day and party by night. Host to legendary club nights and supercharged summer days of sun, fun, beach parties and chill out’s, Zrce Beach is fast becoming a close competitor for Ibiza’s sandy shores. Regularly heralded the Party Beach of Croatia, Zrce boasts no less than 4 nightclubs, all infamous in their own right. Papaya, Aquarius 1, Aquarius 2 and Kalypso are open round the clock throughout the summer. Hosting pre-parties, after-parties, chill-outs and club nights, this beach and its venues offer a clubber’s paradise of the highest calibre. Only a few minutes bus ride from the town of Novalja, Zrce Beach now has even more strings to its clubbers paradise bow, as it is soon to be host to of the second ever Hideout Festival.
- Papaya Club
- Situated in the heart of Zrce Beach, Papaya is only a few feet away from the stunning Croatian shoreline and set in purely open space, bringing a whole new meaning to clubbing outside. Built purely from wood, stone and cane, dancing in Papaya is quite literally clubber paradise in its truest form. A spectacular beach club as well as a festival Venue, Papaya is Spread over 32,000 sq ft and with a 5,000 strong capacity, it has often been described as the best open-air club in central Europe and in 2011 made #32 in DJ Mag’s Top 100 Clubs in the world. In the peak of the summer season, Papaya rarely sleeps, as sun-fuelled clubbers amble along for afternoon chill-out sessions, dedicated pre-parties and after-parties galore. Just a few minutes from Novalja, 50 miles from Zadar and bang in the middle of Zrce beach, Papaya has been a hotspot for party holidays since it opened in 2002 and has hosted the crème de la crème of world DJ’s, setting a whole new standard for beachside and festival venues world wide.
- The venue is located just a few meters away from Papaya and is the beach’s only indoor/outdoor venue. During the day Aquarius 1 acts as a beach bar and restaurant, bringing in crowds of clubbers who want to start their night early or shake off a heavy one. Hideout Festival will see club partners and record labels hosting special events around the pool as part of Hideout Daytime. The night brings yet more fun and games at Aquarius, while it does its thing as one of the most spectacular club venues in central Europe. Boasting a massive LED screen in front of the DJ box, amazing sound systems and a large bar, the club looks out over the beach and is a mind-blowing location in which to rave when the sun comes up over the mountains with the sounds of the sea just a few feet away.
The Need to knows of Novalja:
- Croatian currency is called Kuna and the rate is usually somewhere between 7.5 to 9 kuna to the pound, although it’s best to check nearer the time as it fluctuates. http://www.Travelex.com seem to have a pretty good rate and you can order from them in advance.
- There are the usual beach-side fish restaurants, as well as pizza parlours and lots of smaller cafes and takeaways ready to serve you at whatever time you roll out of the festival. The cost of pizza starts from £6, while a fish dinner will cost you £10-15. A slice of pizza by the beach is about £1.50 and most other beach side snacks are pretty cheap!
- A standard pint in Novalja town costs about £1.80 and a coke about £1.50. Vodka or other spirits would be about £3.50 + with a mixer. As for clubs and beachside bars, look out for offers and happy hours but other than that, a bottle of beer would be about £3 and cocktails from about £4.50. Local brands would almost always be cheaper, so why not try OžujskoI – a Croatian beer!
- Sunbathing opportunities (very important)
- Sunshine fills the sky on most days of the Croatian summer with temperatures averaging about 25 degrees centigrade, with 11 hours of sunshine a day, so plenty of time to get bronzed before you hit the festival each night!
- What to do
- There will be ‘After Beach Parties’ each day from 4pm – 8pm up on the famous Zcre beach at Aquarius & Papaya which are free to get in to with a festival wristband, plus there will be as the ticketed boat parties taking place. The port hosts various boat trips out to nearby islands and there are numerous beaches as well as the famous local vineyards. There are several other local towns on the island to explore such as Pag, Stara Novalja and Metanja. It’s worth checking here for more ideas http://www.tz-novalja.hr/.
- Taxi prices depend on which taxi you get, but there was a recent agreement to lower the price of taxi journeys, so look out for a sign which says they are part of that agreement. Taxis from Zadar Airport to Novalja are around 100 Euros, but could be up to a third off that. It’s best to agree a price before setting off.
- Driving on the island
- Cars are available to hire from most of the major airports and Croatian roads are an absolute delight to drive on. Remember to keep spare change in your car for any toll roads (as there are many from Zadar Airport to Novalja) and if you’re heading from the northern part of Croatia or Italy then there is a handy ferry available from Prizna – Žigljen which will cut out a lot of your journey time and get you straight on to Pag. (There is absolutely zero tolerance to drink driving in Croatia so please be careful!)