Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — Wales|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Bangor, Wales, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
World music, world food, world love. Kaya is a new world music festival set overlooking the Snowdonia National Park in the picturesque grounds of the Vaynol Estate near Bangor, North Wales. Kaya offers an assortment of African, Jamaican, Caribbean and world musical flavours along with a diverse range of workshops, food stalls and festival activities. The festival is a new venture for business partners and musicians Thabani Nyoni and Dece Gambe.
Keeping the festival affordable and leaving a sustainable economic footprint is important to the organisers. “We are keeping tickets prices at a reasonable level to encourage local people and families to attend. The Vaynol excelled when they hosted the BBC Radio 1 music festival, we perform regularly in North Wales, we wanted the opportunity to enjoy this fantastic location,” said Thabani.
On the Saturday Kaya are also holding a ‘Do Youth Day’ offering local teenagers a headline act, training and mentoring to celebrate the potential of young people in North Wales. The festival team aim to leave a positive ‘human footprint’ and there is an opportunity for 10 young people to get involved in the running of the festival to gain valuable work experience.
Festival organisers are working with local companies to source goods and services from the North Wales area. “Larger impersonal festivals are being hit by the economic climate; there is still a place for smaller capacity cottage festivals that offer a unique music experience. We are looking forward to Bangor becoming the Kaya ‘home to the world’,” said Thabani.
|Festival Dates||May 25 - 26, 2013|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Vaynol (Faenol) Estate
Bangor, North Wales
- Campers gates open Friday 1st June 2012 at midday, non-campers gates open Friday 1st June 2012 at 6pm
- Departure time – Monday 4th June 2012 by 2pm
- Bars open 10am – 4am
- Stages live music until midnight; cabaret, spoken word, acoustic live music, comedy until 1am; Kaya “After Hours” music and themed nights until 3.30am
- On sale 3rd February 2012
- Weekend camping: £75 Day tickets: £45. More ticket info at http://kayafestival.co.uk/tickets
- There are no age restrictions for those attending the Kaya festival, but anyone under-16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or older. Children (0-12) get FREE ACCESS but will still need a ticket.