Times Square International Theater Festival
Photo credits: Horripilation by John Sowle (Photo by Lee Wexler); and Match by Laszlo Kocsis (Photo by Lee Wexler); and Night of the Assassins (Photo by Alyssa Stein)
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||New York, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Roy Arias Studios and Theaters
The Times Square Theater Festival is a brand new festival that celebrates theater by bringing together culturally and artistically-varied theater artists from all over the world.
The Festival will kick off the New Year with stimulating national and international theatre performances in the most exciting city: New York City! The Festival presents unique performances from all over the world with a great line-up of international performers and artists, and reflects the diversity of theatre in the creative atmosphere of the Roy Arias Studios. The Festival aims to inspire communication between theater companies from across the globe, and wants to give insight into each others work.
The Times Square International Theater Festival allows a more reciprocal collaboration of art by joining forces and learning from each other. TSITF is determined to nurture new ideas, approaches in theater, and welcomes submissions for any kind of stage play, musical, new or classic pieces. The Festival provides an affordable venue for an assortment of plays and performance pieces that will not otherwise be seen in the doorstep of Broadway. TSITF gives companies of reduced budget but great artistic merit the opportunity to show their art in the heart of the theatre capitol of the world.
|Festival Dates||January 2013|
- Review: Times Square International Theatre Festival, by Raluca Albu (Go Magazine, February 6, 2012)
- A New International Theater Festival for New York, by Larry Rohter (New York Times, December 19, 2011)
- The Annual Times Square International Theatre Festival (TSITF) in the heart of New York’s famed Times Square Theater District, is now accepting submissions for all genres of international theatre performances to be showcased in mid January in six Times Square Theaters located at the Roy Arias Studios and Theaters in the Times Square Arts Center. For more info. visit http://royariasstudios.com/.
- The festival will accept and consider submissions from theater artists and companies from all around the world. The deadline for the applications is September 2, 2012 and must be accompanied by a $30 application fee for each submission. Multiple applications may be submitted by a theatre company, but every play or show must include a new application form with the appropriate fee.
- The mission of this festival is to kick off the year with a diverse and stimulating selection of local, national and international theatre performances, plays and pieces not otherwise seen near the great white way. “Our desire is that this theatre festival will foster a reciprocal collaboration between art, form, technique and opportunity among participants. We look forward to our participants learning from each other and perhaps even joining forces at some point,” festival director, Roy Arias, was quoted as saying. “As one of the only theaters in the Theater district committed to working with emerging artists, we believe that nurturing new artists is essential to nurturing new ideas. It is our ambition to showcase the voices of the globe in an effort to share perspective, foster understanding and celebrate human achievement,” he concluded.
- TSITF will provide an affordable venue for companies of low or reduced budgets but artistic merit and opportunity to showcase their art in the heart of the theatre capital of the world. The festival dates for 2013 have not yet been determined. The events will take place at Roy Arias Studios and Theaters at 300 West 43rd Street on the corner of 8th Avenue just a few blocks away from the NYC Theatre District. Roy Arias Studios and Theaters offer will dedicate six venues to the festival ranging in size from 25 seats to 126 seats.
- Acceptance Notice
- Selected entries will be informed of their acceptance beginning November 18th via email. For more information about Festival guidelines, rules and other entry information, please visit the Roy Arias website page at: http://www.timessquareinternationaltheaterfestival.com, and http://royariasstudios.com/theaterfestival.html
- For more information, please contact: Roy Arias at Roy@royariasstudios.com, +01 (212) 957-8358.
- ABOUT ROY ARIAS STUDIOS & THEATERS
- TSITF is produced by Roy Arias Studios and Theaters. Founded by the renowned Dominican-born stage and screen actor, Roy Arias in January of 2009, the theaters and studios are conveniently located in the heart of the NYC Theatre District on 43rd Street and 8th Avenue. Home to numerous performance and multiple use spaces designed to fit the needs of the emerging artist as well as the seasoned professional. Roy Arias Studios & Theaters constantly creates and develop new spaces to provide the best in customer service. Spaces include: The Payan Theater (50 seats), Off-Off Broadway Playhouse (50 Flexible seats), Roy Arias Stage IV (74 Seats) and the Off Broadway Theater (99 to 130 seats).