Tweed Foodie Fest
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Australia — New South Wales|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Murwillumbah, New South Wales, Australia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Tweed Foodie Fest
The first edition of the festival took place in October 2011 and was called simply “Foodie Friday” as part of the Unity Festival. In 2012 the name changed to Tweed Foodie Fest and extended to a 4 day celebration. The festival is organized by the Caldera Farmer’s Market. The combination of fine food, great music and lots of foodie activities is sure to make for an enjoyable and relaxing weekend. The events take place in and around Murwillumbah and features live music, cooking demonstrations, a film, an array of locally produced foods including organic produce. And… not to forget another important festival ingredient… some great local wines to enjoy or taste.
|Festival Dates||November 27 - December 1, 2013|
- Now in its 3rd year, the five-day festival is an authentic, grass-roots showcase of the region’s vibrant culture and cuisine; following the food journey from paddock to plate, canopy to coast. The jam-packed program includes farm tours and farmers’ markets, food-themed day-trips, self-drive food trails and open days, giving festival-goers an up-close and personal opportunity to meet local growers and producers on their home turf.
- The Tweed’s best chefs are also getting involved by hosting cooking classes that will transform you into a domestic goddess, and they’ll be inspiring the next generation at a Cook-Off Challenge for students at the local TAFE college.
- But the highlights of the festival will undoubtedly be the nightly feasts held in different locales throughout the region: On Wednesday, 27 November, celebrity chef Steven Snow will present his Signature Dish at Fins Restaurant in Salt Village; on Thursday, 28 November, Saltbar will host a Bush Tucker Dinner created by Executive Chef, Mark McConnell; on Friday, 29 November, the seaside village of Kingscliff will stage the Scoot Long Table Dinner; and on Saturday, 30 November, the Tweed’s Biggest Dinner Party will be held at the rustic Murwillumbah Showgrounds against the stunning backdrop of Wollumbin Mt Warning.
- More information
- For full details and online reservations, go to http://www.tweedfoodiefest.com.au
- Information about Murwillumbah
- Murwillumbah Showgrounds
Murwillumbah, New South Wales