Sydney Fringe Festival
2012 Artist and Event Registration entertainment
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Australia — New South Wales|
|Type of Festival||Comedy, Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Sydney Fringe Festival takes place in a range of venues across Newtown, Enmore and Marrickville. The Fringe offers a rich and diverse program of multidisciplinary cultural events happening in theatres, pubs and public spaces. Sydney’s creative community of independent artists are showcased — Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Arts, Comedy, Film, Cabaret, Circus and more…
|Festival Dates||September 6 - 29, 2013|
Headlining shows 2012:
- Le Gateau Chocolat, the outrageous larger-than-life, operatic star of La Soiree in his solo debut.
- Piff The Magic Dragon in Jurassic Bark. The sell-out Edinburgh Fringe show makes its Sydney debut at the Fringe at the Sydney Opera House SOH; accompanied by Mr Piffles the world’s first million-dollar Chihuahua.
- Itch-E and Scratch-E performing as part of the Opening Show free street party – Free For All.
- Blue Beat in Double Bay are putting on some special shows just for the Fringe with acts including Tim Freedman, Vince Jones and James Morrison.
- Electronic artists showcase — Taking over HAHA’s famous Marrickville Bowling club parties, The Fringe and HAHA are presenting BROU-HAHA showcasing some of Sydney’s most talented electronic artists in the electronic music scene.
- Krystle Warren will be launching her album release “Love Songs: A Time You May Embrace.”
- Jimmy Reilly — The reality TV star was one of the finalists of 2011’s “Beauty And The Geek” takes to the stage in ‘Short Plays For Silly People’.
- Plus — Damien Callinent from Spicks and Specks and The Fat in his successful comedy show ‘The Merger’, Chaser co-founder Dominic Knight telling about getting arrested filming CNNN; Aleisha McCormack of Network Ten’s The Circle in her self-written theatrical piece “How to get Rich” directed by Julia Zemiro and Heath Franklin’s Chopper trialling his brand new show.
“Weird stuff” shows 2012:
- The Fringe continues to weave its own brand of magic and mayhem by offering the strangest occurrences in the most unexpected of places
- Marrickville Surf Life Saving Club’s annual carnival – Marrickville has everything! But did you know it had a beach??!!
- Contemporary music and dancing from the days of Queen Elizabeth the 1st at St Marys cathedral (Chapter Hall)
- A writer’s festival in a bar? Only at the Sydney Fringe Writers’ Festival - at Harold Park Hotel
- Would you like some puppetry with your merlot? Gazebo Wine Garden hosts Captain, My — a show told by puppetry and light installations.
Plus more… 2012:
- 84 comedy shows at a variety of venues, especially centred around The Factory in Marrickville but also including the Seymour Centre and King Street Theatre, Newtown.
- Five Eliza Festival Club – this year, managed by the Newtown Hotel and styled as an ode to Freaky Tiki – the hit pop-up bar from last year’s Fringe. With Live music every night
- 31 Visual Arts exhibitions and installations… all over Sydney from the Sydney Airport to The Forum and countless galleries across Sydney. This year with a visual art cycle tour!
- 46 Theatre shows showcasing independent writers, actors, directors & other creative including the return of 2011 Fringe Award winner Helen Leary in her new show Last at the Old 505.
- Steampunked! – a neo-Victorian sci-fi twist on Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
- Footprints on Water by Matt Cameron at the New Theatre – darkly comic themes of sex, God, betrayal.
- 2011 Award-winner cult-hero Tommy Bradson returns to Seymour Centre’s Reginald Theatre with Sweet Sixteen: The Birthday Party Massacre Frank Christie, Frank Clarke - a brilliant new Australian musical at the Forum in Leichhardt Steve Sheehan’s bizarre Dating the World (“an international lecture on love”)
- Plus Cabaret and Burlesque – at various venues across Sydney
Full programming 2012:
- A full festival guide is available at http://www.sydneyfringe.com
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811