River Crosses Rivers a Festival of Short Plays by Women of Color
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||New York, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Ensemble Studio Theatre
Since 1999 The Ensemble Studio Theatre produces the festival celebrating the work of American women of color. The short play festival offers a selection of outstanding performances at the Ensemble Studio Theatre where emerging playwrights are given to opportunity to have their plays performed and seen by audiences in a supportive and nurturing atmosphere.
|Festival Dates||September 14 - October 2, 2011|
Featured performance 2011:
- Comida de Puta (f@#king lousy food)
By Desi Moreno-Penson
Directed by José Zayas
- Taking place in the Bronx, a bodega-owner’s wife is madly in love with her husband’s son, the lunch counter boy, and not even her friend, the neighborhood ‘spiritual’ woman can save her. Think Phaedra in the Bronx. The play will be directed by the wonderfully talented Jose Zayas, and will feature such amazing actors as Maggie Bofill, Susanna Guzman, Gilbert Cruz, and Ismael Cruz Cordova.
- Contact the playwright, Desi Moreno-Penson at email@example.com
- KadmusArts offers a forum within the festival community to share your opinions, ideas and experiences. Please share your thoughts about River Crosses Rivers a Festival of Short Plays by Women of Color at
- Phone: +01 212-247-4982
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Box office hours
- Available 12:00 noon to 6:00pm on weekdays or up to one hour prior to a show on weekends.