Photographs courtesy of Copenhagen Summerdance
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Denmark — Capital Region|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Danish Dance Theatre presents an open-air dance event comprised from a wealth of Scandinavia’s leading ballet and modern dance companies whom appear in a mixed program. The beautiful setting of The Copenhagen Police Headquarters in itself constitutes the scenography—Copenhagen Summerdance opens up the normally restricted area of The Copenhagen Police Headquarters and provides an opportunity for the citizens of Copenhagen and tourists to experience the beautiful courtyard and the spectacular surroundings. Copenhagen Summerdance, organized by Tim Rushton and The Danish Dance Theatre creates possibilities and opportunities where dancers and choreographers from the Nordic countries are able to show their works for a large, new and widely mixed audience.
|Festival Dates||August 8 - 14, 2011|
- Copenhagen Summerdance takes place at The Police Head Quarters in Copenhagen
- Københavns Politigård
- Monday – Friday: Evening 8:30pm (doors open at 7:00pm)
- Saturday & Sunday: Matiné 3:00pm (doors open at 7:00pm) and evening 8:30pm (doors open at 7:00pm)
- Free admittance
- Seat reservation: Seating can be reserved for 50DKK.
BILLETnet: (45) 70-15-65-65, Danish Post Office, or
- Tickets can be ordered from abroad