New Yorker Festival
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Literary|
|Location of Festival||New York, New York, USA|
The festival features a range of thinkers, writers, artists, and luminaries that include politicians, chefs, comedians, actors, poets, film makers and others. Panel discussions, readings, presentations, exhibitions, and lectures on diverse and expansive topics engender conversations and impromptu gatherings among participants and audiences alike. The festival offers a venue for intellectually electric stimulation for all!
|Festival Dates||October 5 - 7, 2012|
Program sampling 2012:
- Friday, October 5 — Fiction Night
- Martin Amis
- Zadie Smith
- Margaret Atwood
- Jennifer Egan
- Orhan Pamuk
- Junot Díaz
- Lorrie Moore
- Jonathan Safran Foer
- Friday, October 5 — Storytelling
- The New Yorker with The Moth, a the storytelling group join up for discussion
- Friday, October 5 — Music
- Norah Jones and the Punch Brothers sit with writers for a discussion and music…,
- Saturday, October 6 — Musicians, Writers and designers in discussion
- New Yorker writers, Patti Smith the musician and poet meet up with Christian Louboutin — the shoe designer Alison Bechdel — a graphic novelist among others unite for panel discussions. The topics will include modern culture and influences. There will be political discussions involving Lawrence Lessig, Cleta Mitchell, Theodore Olson, and Seth Waxman will take place. In addition a discussion of period acting will include Jennifer Ehle, Cherry Jones, John Slattery, and Dan Stevens — and much more….
- Saturday, October 6 — Writers talk
- Malcolm Gladwell
- Jill Lepore
- Saturday, October 6 — Entertainment night
- Musicians, actors, comedians, and performers including Tom Tykwer, Andy and Lana Wachowski, Ben Stiller, Viola Davis, Sarah Silverman, and Lisa Kudrow, Lucinda Williams, the bands Beirut and Vampire Weekend, and Raphael Saadiq.
- Sunday, October 6 — About Town Series
- Small venues with small audiences for special gatherings including Joseph Mitchell, Isabel and Ruben Toledo, Calvin Trillin, Ashrita Furman, Lena Dunham, Salman Rushdie, and René Redzepi, Jeffrey Toobin, Atul Gawande, Alex Ross, Dustin Hoffman, Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein.
- Lineup for 2011 New Yorker Festival Is Announced, by Dave Itzkoff (New York Times, August 24, 2011)
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811