Cerealia. The Grains Festival. Ceres and the Mediterranean
Photo credits: See Practical information below.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Italy — Lazio|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Rome, Lazio, Italy|
|Festival Contact Information|
Music Theatre International - M.Th.I.
The inaugural edition of Cerealia took place in 2011 in Rome and Ariccia. Cerealia is an event dedicated to all the cereals according to the Ancient Rome’s rituals of Vestals and, in a more wide view it is extended at the Mediterranean region including all those countries which were under the Roman Empire dominion—for this the title “Cerere and the Mediterranean”.
The ancient rituals of Vestals (the Vestalia in fact took place on June 9) are proposed in a scenic performance and are the “Roman” element which will characterize each edition of the Festival. The relation with the Mediterranean gives to the Festival an international exposure, bringing value to the intercultural exchange, hosting each year a different country.
The festival will be not only a moment of historical revocation but also of intercultural exchange, giving attention to economical and social issues, in consideration of the actual international contest related to the economy of cereals. The event has a rich calendar of activities including didactical workshops for children, theatre performances, gastronomic walking tours, meetings and talking on the specific topics along with tasting of cereal products, archaeological tours, special menu in Egyptian restaurants, art exibitions, the BrunchCeralia at Terminal Gianicolo and various other activities in Ariccia realized by ArcheoClub Ariccino. Many activities will be at free entrance.
The organizers will pay special attention to the sustainability of all activities included in the Festival, to make this a low impact event. For this reason promoters invite audience and partners to follow sustainable behaviours, selecting public transportation instead of cars, paying attention to the use and final disposal of each material. We particularly thank for its collaboration the technical sponsor Minimo Impatto.
|Festival Dates||June 6 - 9, 2013|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Slideshow Photo credits:
- In order of appearance
- “Cerealia opening” is of the opening ceremony of the festival with an ancient Roman buffet served by staff in costume
- “Cerere & Vestali” is a photo of the performance devoted to the scenic revocation of ancient Vestal ritual celebration of the sacred bread, with music and dance.
- Children’s workshop on animal tales by Fedro, June 10, 2012, Castrum Legionis, Rome / Italy). Photo by Gianandrea Palmisano
- “Ministry of Culture and Tourism - İstanbul State Turkish Music Band” – June 8 2012, Auditorium of Mecenate, Rome / Italy). Photo by Gianandrea Palmisano
- “The Vestals ceremony of bread” - opening event of the festival, June 6 2012, National Museum of Rome Palazzo Massimo, Rome / Italy). Photo by Angela Palmieri
- Festival Logo