Ellnora — The Guitar Festival
Photo credits: See Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — Illinois|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Urbana, Illinois USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
The festival offers a prestigious assortment of the globe’s greatest musicians who will gather for ELLNORA—The Guitar Festival, situated in the vibrant micro-urban setting of Champaign-Urbana, Illinois. The biennial event provides an unparalleled mixed-genre experience that features performances from many of today’s most distinguished music-makers in a diverse array already being emulated by other festivals.
The internationally recognized event, which in recent years has emerged as a favorite destination for musicians and true guitar fans from around the world, will feature more than 30 performers drawing from guitar traditions rooted in the US, England, Canada, China, Spain, and Mali.
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, located on the campus of the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana, incorporates seven distinctive performance spaces uniquely suited to showcase the event’s impressive array of talent. This year’s festival incorporates nine individually ticketed events, along with twelve free shows and more events being planned.
|Festival Dates||September 5 - 17, 2013|
Photo slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance
- Calexico and Noveller Oliveiro, at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival
- Dance, at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival, photo by Scott Mason
- Hammocks, at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival, photo by Matt Urban
- Laser Entry, at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival, photo by Matt Urban
- SCI, at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival, photo by Scott Mason
- Sherwood Forest, at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival, photo by Adam Zareczny
- Frisell, Flood, and Oliveiro at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival
- Noveller Oliveiro at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival
- Zanes and Oliveiro, at Ellnora - The Guitar Festival
- Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
500 South Goodwin Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801-3788 USA
Festival venue features 2011:
- Krannert Coffeehouse
- Intermezzo cafe at the north end of the Center’s Lobby will be transformed into a coffeehouse for this year’s festival. Guests can unwind and recharge with the Center’s signature coffee blends, Carnegie deli cheesecake, and daily organic food specials.
- Outdoor Food Vendors
- Local food vendors will offer everything from appetizers to full meals to desserts in a large tented food area on the west terrace for the Opening Night Party.
- The Studio Store
- The Studio Theatre, located at the north end of the Center, will become the official festival store, featuring merchandise, sponsor tables, special displays of unusual guitars, digital art by eDREAM, and meet-and-greets with artists.
- Sonic Garden
- Refresh in an outdoor, tented performance space on the west terrace of the Center. This newly imagined space will resonate with a casual atmosphere for mingling, refueling, and experiencing experimental sounds.