Serenade! Washington, DC Choral Festival
Photos courtesy of Classical Movements, Inc. See Practical information below for captions.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — Washington, D.C.|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Washington, D.C., USA., USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Contact: Yarina Conners
Join the festival The Washington Post calls a “True Harmonic Convergence!” and critics attend, saying “…the whole bunch sang, danced, clapped and whooped it up in a joyful noise that brought the audience to its feet cheering.” Youth and adult choirs enjoy concerts in prestigious venues all over the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia areas and spread the joy of choral singing alongside choirs from around the world. Experience workshops with notable choral conductors, participate in musical exchanges with many national and international festival choirs, and explore the nation’s capital with sites such as the Smithsonian Museums, the National Monuments, the White House, and many more fantastic Washington, DC icons. New in 2014, Serenade! will offer an optional choral competition. Competing choirs will sing before a panel of international judges with the opportunity to earn monetary and trophy awards. The best-rated choir at the festival will win a newly-commissioned work in honor of both the choir and the festival. A great new addition to the American choral scene, Serenade! offers a memorable experience for choirs and audiences alike.
|Festival Dates||June 26 - 30, 2014|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Photo slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance (all photos are courtesy of Classical Movements, Inc.)
- All choirs perform at Strathmore Hall in Bethesda, Maryland
- Latvian Voices perform at the Church of the Epiphany in Washington, D.C.
- Wroclaw Philharmonic Choir perform at St. Anne’s Parish in Annapolis, Maryland
Classical Movements Festivals:
- Ihlombe! South African Choral Festival
- Serenade! Washington, DC Choral Festival
- Rhapsody! Children’s Music Festival
- Melodia! South American Music Festival