Run for Zimbabwe Orphans and Fair (ZimRun)
Photo courtesy of the The Sustainable Living Foundation of Los Altos.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — California|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Mountain View, California, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Sustainable Living Foundation of Los Altos
The Sustainable Living Foundation organizes the Annual Run for Zimbabwe Orphans and Fair in Mountain View. The run consists of one mile for 1st grade through adult, 1/2 mile for Kindergarten, and 220 yards for Pre-School aged children.
There will be two Zimbabwean bands performing with traditional dances and instruments, traditional foods of Zimbabwe plus a children’s art show.
Proceeds benefit Makumbi orphanage in Zimbabwe. We aim to achieve positive social change by promoting service and compassion, healthy living, self-sustainability and education. Register online for the ZimRun race : http://www.ZimbabweParaguay.org. Or just come and have fun watching runners, music, art, and other activities. We would like to encourage you to bring lightly used shoes as a donation for the Zimbabwe children.
|Festival Dates||March 23, 2014|
Event Highlights 2013:
Keep fit. Create art. Help others. The ZimRun event is open to all ages. Running distances range from 220 yards (Pre-School), half mile (Kinder), to one mile races in age appropriate groups (Grade 1 - Adult). 11 races in total. First race kicks off at 1:00pm. Awards presented. To register online go to http://zimbabweparaguay.net/reg-contrib-form.html Or please use downloadable application to register for by mail or in person on race day.
- The races run synchronously to the Zimbabwe Fair, and activities include:
- Live Zimbabwe traditional and contemporary music performed by Chinyakare Ensemble and Sadza Mbira and Marimba Band
- Children’s art, games, and crafts
- Zimbabwe cultural booths and sadza buffet
- You can bring slightly used shoes and/or books for donation
- Come have fun and support a great cause. Proceeds benefit Makumbi Children’s Home, an orphanage in Zimbabwe.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- St. Joseph School
1120 Miramonte Avenue
Mountain View, California
1:00pm - 4:00pm