Cool New York Dance Festival
Photo Credits: See Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||New York, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
WHITE WAVE has provided countless opportunities for rising choreographers to introduce their work to the vital New York audience and to enter the mainstream of the contemporary dance field. We are also committed to making great dance accessible to wider audiences.
WHITE WAVE will be hosting and producing the COOL NEW YORK DANCE FESTIVAL (CNYDF), celebrating the company’s annual winter dance extravaganza of cutting-edge choreography. The Festival originated in 2004 as a component of Cool New York, the City’s winter celebration of “arts and parks” events. Our Festival features both young luminaries and well-known ensembles, bringing a wide spectrum of talents from all across the United States and beyond into the New York City spotlight.
WHITE WAVE’s regular programs include a variety of educational programs for children, who are incorporated into special “A Day for the Family” matinees. These shows provide an opportunity for WHITE WAVE’s family audiences enjoy the art of movement together, instilling the love of dance in both young and old.
|Festival Dates||January 29 - February 9, 2014|
- For the eleventh year in a row, WHITE WAVE is proud to present a winter dance festival FREE of charge to the public. The 11th Annual CoolNY 2014 Dance Festival will present 60 contemporary dance companies over the course of two weeks, from January 30th through February 9th 2014, in 8 unique programs. Companies have come from as far as Italy to present spectacular works of innovation in our very own John Ryan Theater.
- Make sure to join us for the free festivities!
- CoolNY will also feature two Saturday matinee programs geared towards kids and families as we remain dedicated to providing an entertaining and educational experience for everyone.
- Performance Schedule:
- Thursdays through Saturdays: 7pm & 9pm shows
- Saturdays: 2pm matinees - A Day for the Family
- Sundays: 4pm & 6pm shows
- For more information, visit our website:
Photo Slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance
- WHITE WAVE Young Soon Kim Dance Company, photo by Yi-Chun Wu
- Namja Yojaby. photo by Gabriel Bienczycki
- Sue Bernhard, photo by Frank Capri
- Vangeline Theater, photo by Yi-Chun Wu
- Yin Yueby, photo by Yi-Chen
- Amanda Hinchey & Dancers. photo by Quinn Batson