|Country and Region||Belgium — Brussels-Capital|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Brussels, Brussels-Capital, Belgium|
|Festival Contact Information|
Djangofolllies (yes, with three "l"s) is an annual celebration of the birthday of Django Reinhardt, the famous, Belgian guitar player. Reinhardt made a name for himself as one of the greatest personalities of jazz guitar — known widely as Django. The programming is not limited to Django’s traditional style, but also modern jazz, flamenco and more.
|Festival Dates||January 14 - 31, 2014|
Highlighted performers 2014:
- The group will play specially for the occasion some excerpts from their CD Romani (reissue of the album released in 1996). A unique concert, with guitarist Vivi Limberger (son of violinist Gypsy Piotto Limberger), Koen De Cauter (guitar, alto, soprano saxophone and vocals), Tcha Limberger (guitar, violin and vocals) and Dajo De Cauter (bass and vocals).
- Philip Catherine en Quartet
- The big surprise will be the coming of the wonderful guitarist Philip Catherine Quartet. It celebrated its 70 years on tour this year with her new album Quartet ‘Côté Jardin’. This time, it will come accompanied by Johan Clement at the piano, Bart Denolf on bass and Lionel Beuvens on drums.
- Koen De Cauter
- Koen will close the evening with his project DjanGo-On. An exceptional tribute will be rendered to Django Reinhardt by a very talented sextet, namely guitarist Fapy Lafertin, clarinet player Joachim Badenhorst, the cornet player Jon Birdsong, Waso and Dajo De Cauter (respectively on guitar and double bass) and drummer Lionel Beuvens.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Application for participation:
- Artists, Managers, and Agents can apply for their participation at Djangofolllies by visiting http://www.brosella.be, Click on “Your band at Brosella?” on top of the page and fill in the form.
- Your application will then be seen by all (7) members of the BPC (Brosella Programme Commission). This tool will make it possible for the BPC to select the best possible programme for next festival.