Festival of the Sun - FOTSUN
Photos: Art vs Science side stage & crowd; Ladyhawke; Snowdroppers' Johnny Wishbone; and Kimbra.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Australia — New South Wales|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Festival of The Sun
The festival is about as laid back as you can get. The venue is set at the beach with cricket games going on as the music plays. The lineup includes a truly stellar roster of award winning rock, funk, alternative and local talents. This is an over 18 years of age festival.
|Festival Dates||December 13 - 14, 2013|
- As with every year we need to set a few camping rules. Most of you know the drill but for any new comers we like to get off on the right foot. Please re read your terms and conditions http://fotsun.com/terms-conditions/ carefully but in the meantime here are a few key points.
- NO GLASS. We have a very strict policy on NO GLASS. Please refer to the terms and conditions about other drinking rules.
- Cans and cups are permitted in the entertainments area. No self mixed alcohol in any containers of any form (eg 600ml or 2 litre coke bottles with spirits in it), kegs, wine and spirits in casks are all prohibited from the entertainment area.
- What NOT to bring. No large items like lounges, kitchen sinks, televisions or large excessive setups which include huge communal marquees etc. Some of you may laugh but this does happen.
- If you want to camp together, arrive together. FOTSUN is extremely limited on space so we can’t allow any ‘dibs’ on spots. This is common practice with every festival so most of you should be used to it.
- CARS. Please car pool as best you can. Do your bit for the environment and save camping space during the festival.
- Always come prepared for wet weather, but pray for sunshine.
- Locals and No Car Camping Ticket holders, don’t forget our special offer, free camping Thursday night - just remember you have to get dropped off at the front gates or arrive with someone who has a general camping ticket.
- Sundowner Breakwall Tourist Park
1 Munster Road
- Online at http://breakwall.sundownerholidays.com/
- The winner of the Mid North Coast Tourism Award within the Festival & Events category for the 2012 NSW Tourism Award. The festival, which draws a crowd of 3000 each year, continues to generate on going and long-term economic benefits for the Port Macquarie region. With this prestigious award Festival of the Sun, now in its 8th year, has been recognised for its contribution to the landscape of event tourism in the mid north coast of NSW. Since its humble beginnings, Festival of the Sun has managed to generate over $20 million dollars for the local economy. This includes over 192,000 meals being served and 56,000 beds nights used. Event tourism has been identified by the state government as a vital role in regional economies, with almost half of the 150,000 direct jobs in the State’s tourism industry in regional areas. Visitors to regional NSW in 2011-12 contributed $12.6 billion to the NSW economy and tourism events contribute substantially to this amount. http://www.midnorthcoasttourism.com.au/tourism-awards