Black & Blue Festival
Photographer: Bob Hendriks, www.bobhendriks.com
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Canada — Quebec|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Festival Contact Information|
Foundation BBCM (Bad Boy Club Montreal)
In 1991 the festival was established by the Foundation BBCM (Bad Boy Club Montreal). The idea was simply to have a party with fantastic music for friends and associates to enjoy. Since that time the event has developed in to a full fledged festival. The organizing group titled the festival Black and Blue and to have the proceeds benefit a deserving cause!
|Festival Dates||October 9 - 15, 2013|
- THE BLACK & BLUE FESTIVAL gets a makeover with this year’s theme and change of venue for the main event
- Venue — Inspired by the theme “The Reinvented Wheel”, the BBCM creative team will take advantage of the many possibilities the spectacular “Arsenal” venue has to offer. This new site picked for this year’s event used to be an industrial space that served as a shipyard, for the construction and repair of commercial vessels. Today, it is home to a major contemporary art centre. This makes it the ideal venue for the BLACK & BLUE, as no event of this scale has ever taken place at L’Arsenal, which allows for an elaborate and spectacular production. The main event will take place in all the rooms of the complex and will offer House and Trance music with an excellent choice of local and international DJs.
- Exhibition — The event will feature a large exhibition called “LIVE ART MULTIMEDIA INTERACTION”, with forty visual arts artists, musicians and DJs. The joint effort of all the teams involved, the BBCM Foundation, the TITLE SPONSOR Priape and the SPECIAL PROMOTER “The Saint at Large of New York” has brought full energy into the project with everyone contributing to the elaboration of the artistic aspects of the event, which will certainly enhance the whole BLACK & BLUE experience.
- Dancers/Acrobats — From the major choreographed dancers’ show presented by Priape focusing on the story of “CATHERINE’S WHEEL”, to the Cirque Éloize’s special show, to acrobat Dominic Lacasse’s performance, as well as other elements during the night, the 2013 BLACK & BLUE main event will totally immerse the participant.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811