Rue Princesse Festival
|Country and Region||Cote d'Ivoire — Lagunes|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Abidjan, Lagunes, Cote d'Ivoire|
|Festival Contact Information|
Haus der Kulturen der Welt
By day its an average street in the heart of the West African metropolis Abidjan. But when the sun goes down and the bars, restaurants and clubs open, the Rue Princesse transforms into the center of the nocturnal worldthe “Champs-Élysées” of the Ivory Coast (taz). At night, the sound systems are pumped up for a new urban lifestyle, DJs and dancers compete for the Moment of Glory against the social, political and economic crises in the country. The artist duo Gintersdorfer / Klassen, who have been traveling throughout the Ivory Coast for several years, have produced a unique festival from this blend of European and African artists: with videos, performances and animation, with theater and dance.
|Festival Dates||September 2 - 4, 2010|
- Thursday September 2, 2010, 6:00pm, at Société and Animation
- What is white? What is black? An evening about clichés, social differences, and the fine art of partying.
- Friday, September 3, 2010, 6:00pm, at Politics, Showbiz, and Art
- Are African politicians the better actors? Is there such a thing as black feminism? Do Coupé Décalé and Electro suite one another?
- Saturday, September 4, 2010, 6:00pm, at Dance and Jet Set
- Can Europeans dance? Is reality more important than illusions? How expressive dance, the courage to do performance art, and music evolve into a subversive system.
- Day ticket
- 13/concessions €10
- Late Night ticket (from 23h)
- Festival ticket
- Online ticket sales https://hkw.de/en/top/service/tickets/information/cts-ticketbestellung.php?pn=273