Israeli Contact Improvisation Festival
|Country and Region||Israel — Tel Aviv District|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv District, Israel|
|Festival Contact Information|
The festival began in 2002 taking place in December/January. The festival enjoys the participation of approximately 100 guests from around the globe, featuring the talents of some of the best contact improvisational teachers in the world. The festival offers workshops lead by international teachers, master classes, jams, performances, and tours. Meet dancers and teachers during the 3 week event by taking part in the tour to dance and learn at different sites, enjoy fresh foods and communal sleeping arrangements — it is all about contact, community, and exploration.
|Festival Dates||December 21, 2011 - January 7, 2012|
- This festival offers three weeks of Contact Improvisation in many forms.
- Week One: The ‘Greenhouse’ five days of at the beautiful nature of Galilee. This year there is an opportunity to register to the Greenhouse without taking the intensives.
- Week Tow: Contact Improvisation in Tel Aviv, includes a special event Shabat Contact.
- Week Three: CI on the Road, an exceptional tour around Israel, which is a unique opportunity to visit Israel while being in Contact.
Articles and Reviews:
- The Israeli Contact Festival: 3 Weeks of Contact Improvisation, by Deborah Friedes (Dance In Israel, December 14, 2008)