24:7 Theatre Festival
Photos courtesy of 24:7 Theatre Festival
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Manchester, England, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
24:7 Theatre Festival
24:7 Theatre Festival is a celebration of new and original work by writers, performers, directors and technical specialists. The aim of the festival is to encourage and support artists through the creation of opportunities. Performances of new plays take place within a variety venues in Manchester that are purposely chosen for their “non-theatre” sites. The festival creates an interaction with the community via unique these unique venues. The organizers take into account the requirements of producing theatre that has access to power, protection from distracting noises, and comfortable location for artists and audiences alike. Each play is cast with the most appropriate venue for its presentation…
|Festival Dates||July 19 - 26, 2013|
Application submissions 2013 and 2014:
- 24:7 2013 — Call for submissions. Our TENTH 24:7 Theatre Festival will run from 19 - 26 July 2013.
- We will be accepting submissions in the following categories until midnight on Monday, 7 January 2013:
- 10 new scripts (with a further 4 scripts presented as script in hand readings).
- Pitches for devised work. We hope to have at least one show in the 2013 Festival that has been collaboratively created.
- Pitches for a children’s show for 2014. We are already supporting the 2013 children’s play which was chosen from the 2012 submissions, so we are now interested in first drafts of a script or ideas for a piece that you’d need some help to make ready for 2014.
- If you have a play for children ready and raring to go, then you can still submit it for 2013 – we will consider it for one of the 10 open Festival positions.
- A site specific production in a fire station. This special production is also open to writers who have had three shows with us already.
- Submissions must be made online through our applications “portal” on the main website: http://247theatrefestival.co.uk/.
- There is a fee of £27 to submit your work, which is used to cover the costs of the adjudication process. All entries are assessed by at least two panel members and you will receive considered feedback.
- Detailed information about the selection criteria, the adjudication process, the costs of participating and the bursaries available to applicants are included in the document outlining our unique way of working, which you can download from the homepage at http://247theatrefestival.co.uk/.