Bayimba International Festival of Music and Arts
Photo credits: See Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Uganda — Kampala|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Kampala, Kampala, Uganda|
|Festival Contact Information|
Bayimba Cultural Foundation
Bayimba Cultural Foundation organizes a range of events with a view to uplift arts and culture, especially visual and performing arts, in Uganda and East Africa. The exciting three-day Bayimba International Festival of the Arts takes place annually during the month of September in the capital of Kampala, Uganda. It provides a platform for known and upcoming artists from Uganda, the African continent and beyond to showcase their artistic talent to an ever increasing and varied public.
|Festival Dates||September 19 - 21, 2014|
Bayimba Cultural Foundation has set as its goal to uplift arts and culture, especially visual and performing arts, in Uganda and East Africa by promoting original cultural exchange and creativity, contributing to making Uganda and East Africa a significant hub for music and arts in Africa.
To achieve this, it organizes a range of activities on an annual basis. The Bayimba International Festival of the Arts is the most visible activity. The Festival is held annually for three days during the third week of the month of September. The Bayimba Festival was initiated in 2008 when its first edition took place. Ever since, it has gradually developed into a major multi-arts festival with a varied and qualitative programming, presenting exciting, innovative and creative ideas to large audiences. Each Bayimba Festival brings an unparalleled feast of music, dance, theatre, film, visual arts from renowned and upcoming Ugandan, (East) African and international artists to Kampala.
The Bayimba International Festival of the Arts has become a highlight on Uganda’s cultural calendar. Every September, Kampala comes alive as a vibrant and eventful city – a hub for innovation and creativity. The Festival is eagerly awaited by local artists and local people alike while artists from abroad and visitors from far afield pour into Kampala to take advantage of the exciting artistic experience. It is developing into an important (East) African destination festival, ensuring regional and international visitation and enhancing both national and international cultural tourism.
The Bayimba International Festival of the Arts is undoubtedly Uganda’s number one festival – physically, by offering exciting artistic experiences to as many Ugandans as possible; artistically, by presenting Uganda’s finest artists and upcoming talents from across the country (discovered through its various activities, including its one-day festivals throughout Uganda); demographically, by engaging as many Ugandans as possible, making the Festival their own; and organisationally, by being led by a team of committed and experienced Ugandans.
- If you like this festval — listen to…
- Samite Mulondo, flutist
- Samite Mulondo, flutist
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Photo slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance
- Anto neo soul, photo by Eric V. Nieuwland
- Myko Ouma, photo by Eric V. Nieuwland
- Bayimba crowd, photo by Eric V. Nieuwland
- Break dance, photo © Kibuuka Photography
Artist applications 2014:
- The 6th edition of the Bayimba International Festival was successfully concluded. We are now calling for artists to express their interest in participating in the 7th edition of the festival that is scheduled to take place from 19th to 21st September 2014 in Kampala, Uganda. APPLY NOW! Deadline for applications 30th April 2014. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Uganda National Theatre
Saidi Barre Road
- Unlike in the past, entrance is this time set at as little as 1,000 UGX
Open from 10:00am to midnight