Blue Grass State International Dance Festival
|Country and Region||United States — Kentucky|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Crestwood, Kentucky, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
c/o Susana B. Williams
The Blue Grass State International Dance Festival will be one of the largest gatherings of dance-artists worldwide, the best opportunity to showcase your work to a large audience of dance professionals, presenters, producers and the general public. This year we expect dance-artists from all over the world for a grand celebration of Susana B. Williams 50th anniversary as dancer, teacher, choreographer, director. Everybody is invited!
|Festival Dates||March 30 - April 2, 2011|
- Oldham County Schools Arts Center
7105 Floydsburg Road
Crestwood, Kentucy 40014 USA
- La Grance Community and Arts Center
307 West Jefferson Street
La Grange, Kentucky 40013 USA
- 9:00am to 8:30pm
- Tickets are $10.00 for the general public and $5.00 for dance-artists, students, senior citizens.
- Call Dance-Forms Productions +01 502-222-2273 to purchase in advance.
Participanting choreographer’s information 2008:
- One of the most important presentations of The 3rd Blue Grass State International Dance Festival is Danceforms’ “The 43rd International Choreographers’ Showcase” which will take place in two performances at the Oldham County Arts Center in Crestwood, Kentucky on October 10 and October 11, 2008. To become familiar with this project Click on http://www.danceformsproductions.com/louisvil.html
The two performances are accessible to people of all ages. Members of the audience will purchase admission tickets priced at $8.00. We look forward to welcoming a larger audience than in previous years. This exciting trip from October 8 day of arrival in La Grange through October 12, 2008 day of departure, will give choreographers an excellent opportunity to present their work, to network with directors, producers, other artists (hopefully to negotiate new engagements!) We provide a complete production package which includes two performances, lighting and sound, technical assistance, publicity, printed programs, box office and pre-show rehearsal arrangements. All for $100.00 for each artist on stage (hotel accommodation and airfare excluded).
- Choreographers are invited to submit their condensed professional resume, color pictures of the performers in JPEG format and program notes. A VHS NTSC FORMAT video or a DVD with the work to be presented is important to us to better serve your needs.
The $100.00 per person payment will be mailed in the form of a check or money order in US dollars made payable to Dance-Forms Productions to our mailing address:
c/o Susana B. Williams
307 North 4th Street
La Grange, Kentucky 40031 USA
- Note: We encourage participation from choreographers who are willing to invest in themselves and who are interested in expanding their knowledge of other cultures, as well as promoting their work abroad. We invite choreographers who see this thrilling event as an opportunity to benefit their professional development.
- Please mail your materials and payment without delay. If you have further questions email us at any time. Our email is: