soloNOVA Arts Festival
Photo credits: see Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||New York, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
The terraNOVA Collective presents its annual celebration of solo performers with the soloNOVA Arts Festival. The soloNOVA Arts Festival is the premier festival for solo performers in New York City. The 8th annual festival will feature comedy, dance theatre, storytelling, music, theatrical mockumentary, puppetry, multimedia, and spoken word.
The festival celebrates innovative individuals who push the boundaries of what it means to be an artist, aims to redefine the solo form and uniquely invigorates the audience through the time-honored tradition of storytelling. This year, eight performers round out the mainstage offerings.
“Every year we feel the festival gets a little sharper,” Lead Curator James Carter said. “We’re presenting two world premiers along with first time shows to our festival. The line up has never been stronger.”
|Festival Dates||May - June 2014|
- terraNOVA Collective and Producing Artistic Director Jennifer Conley Darling are currently accepting online applications for the 2014-15 soloNOVA ARTS. Entering its eleventh season, soloNOVA ARTS began as the soloNOVA Arts Festival in 2004, as a vehicle to showcase innovative solo artists representing various artistic disciplines, cultures and perspectives. The soloNOVA Arts Festival was the longest-running solo performance festival in New York City, curated to showcase the best in puppetry, dance, magic, physical theatre, multi-character monologues, multi-media, and other innovative forms of solo storytelling. soloNOVA ARTS will continue the creative tradition through a re-envisioned program providing greater support to solo artists through development workshops and productions.
- Applications are being accepted through Monday, March 10, 2014. Solo performers or theatre artists with solo shows at any stage of development are invited to apply to the process. Applicants are to choose between two options: soloNOVA ARTS Workshops for solo shows in any stage of development to be given a workshopped stage reading in June 2014; and soloNOVA ARTS Productions for production-ready solo shows to be presented in late 2014 / early 2015.
- If you like this festival — listen to…
- Picasa Web Album slideshow of festival images
Slideshow photo credits:
- In order of appearance
- 2011 soloNOVA Arts Festival, Brendan McMurtry-Howlett in And Stockings for the Ladies, Photo Credit SGPhotos
- 2011 soloNOVA Arts Festival, Charlotte Bydwell in Woman of Leisure and Panic, Photo credit Matt Sundin
- JOBZ, Joseph Keckler
- POLANSKI, POLANSKI, Grant Neale
- 9th Space @ Performance Space 122
150 1st Avenue at 9th Street
New York, NY 10009
Phone Number: 212-352-3101 (TheaterMania)
- Festival details can be found at
- To purchase tickets visit