The Big Mix Festival
Photo credits: See Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Comedy, Music|
|Location of Festival||London, England, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
A series of stand alone live concerts, featuring an incredible array of the best up and coming music, will adorn venues such as The Old Blue Last, Village Underground, Rich Mix, and Cargo. Each of these shows will be ticketed separately.
There will also be, in true BIG MIX style, a full program of comedy, cabaret, film, aftershow parties… and for the first time - a series of immersive treasure hunts happening across East London.
Nearly all of us will be affected by cancer at some point in our lives, and it’s the toughest fight most of us will ever face. But the Macmillan team are there for us every step of the way. They are the nurses and therapists helping us through treatment. The advisers telling us which benefits we’re entitled to. The volunteers giving us a hand with the everyday things. The campaigners pushing for better cancer care. The fundraisers who make it all possible. None of us should face cancer alone, and with your help no one will.
|Festival Dates||June 1 - 2, 2013|
Music lineup 2013:
- Frank Turner
- Alessi’s Ark
- The Pipettes
- James Yuill
- Tim Burgess
- Cockney knees up legend Chas
- Edith Bowman
- Josh Kumra
- Guilty Pleasures
- Newton Faulkner
- The Penelopes
- Bleeding Heart Narrative
- Treetop Flyers
Comedy lineup 2013:
- Chris Addison
- Rufus Hound
- Roisin Conaty
- Tom Deacon
- Paul McCaffrey
- Mark Smith
- Lady Beau Peep
- A burlesque chanteuse, seasoned comperé and producer. A sassy songstress with a winning combination of glamour, dance and song infused with seriously cheeky humour! She has entertained audiences in some of the best venues in Europe, with residencies in London venues, and appearances at Koko’s in Camden, Home House, and The Groucho Club, to name a few. Lady Beau Peep has entertained at numerous private/corporate parties, weddings and festival gigs around the UK, St Tropez, and Belgium. Famous clients include, the Arctic Monkeys, Ron Dennis (McLaren), Ivana Trump, Buzz Aldrin and Joan Collins.
- Madame Galina
- From stints entertaining the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, a private performance for Her Majesty The Queen, the Olivier Award winning show C’est Barbican, two series on Channel 4, Ruby Wax Does The Business on the BBC, a Channel 4 pilot at the request of Janet Street-Porter…. Madame Galina wows audiences wherever she goes with her extraordinary dancing and acid tongue. She has performed sell out shows at the Edinburgh Festival and nearly every major arts festival in Europe and has recently entertained the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan giving her the title ‘New Forces Sweetheart’.
- Chivaree Circus (Edward Gosling)
- Chivaree Circus is a multi-skilled juggler and object manipulator. He co-founded Chivaree Circus to create exciting immersive events and collaborates with various circus and cabaret nights across London. He writes for various publications including This Is Cabaret. He really likes hats.
- Lily Raptor
- Specialists in hula hoop, contortion, fire manipulation and aerial hoop. She co-founded Chivaree Circus. She also enjoys making costumes and choreographing group performances.
- Honey Wilde
- Named one of the top 100 burlesque performers worldwide in 2010, Honey breathes life and spirit into the tradition of British satirical burlesque. Honey Wilde has won fans around the UK and across the Atlantic since 2008 with her quirky comic creations. A headliner at the Festival of the Erotic Arts in 2012, Honey’s many performances include featuring at the New York Burlesque Festival, London Burlesque Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Lady Catalina
- This burlesque star is the choreographer and front woman of ‘The Cream Tease’ show. “A body more killer than Jack the Ripper and Charles Manson combined”- Bizarre magazine. “Lady Catalina is a hot Burlesque Goddess” - Courtney Love
- Blues & Burlesque
- Pete Saunders
- With a love of the darker elements to music and theatre she has combined these with sarcasm and classic burlesque costumes to create unique stage acts with a soundtrack to modern music.
- Magician and Clown. As well as being a fantastic close up magician, Magi has been working the comedy circuit in London for the past 18 months. Wonderfully funny and original stage performer, utilizing both his skills in magic and physical comedy.
- As well as Opera & Classical Music, Adam also loves to sing Jazz and Swing classics as well as songs from the show. Always keen to try new things, have fun and bring classical music to a wider audience - Adam often performs as an Operatic Busker; having sung in the legendary it inside Covent Garden Piazza and regularly Notting Hill, St Christopher’s Place and on London’s Southbank.
- Burlesque. As winner of London Burlesque Week Newcomer 2010, Ginger and her killer curves have shimmied straight to the top of burlesque bill for performances in top London venues, theatres across Europe and a head-lining performance at the London Burlesque Week Opening Gala 2011. Keeping her finger on the performance pulse has resulted in a recent nomination for Best Burlesque Act 2013 at The London Cabaret Awards.
- Crowned “one of the Most beautiful women in Burlesque” (Female First) and “Ambassador of Burlesque for Singapore” (Chwennyland), Sukki gained phenomenal global recognition by being the World’s first Professional Burlesque Performer from Singapore, capturing the imagination and heart of the nation. An international burlesque superstar who is often booked for world-class shows and Sukki is known for her lavish and elaborate performances and costumes, which she intertwines with a unique bollywood-influenced style.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Photo Slideshow Credits:
- In order of appearance
- Bright Light Bright Light
- The Chapman Family
- Jersey Budd
- Frank Turner
- Mighty Boosh’s Noel Fielding & Dave Brown — ‘The Doctor and The Pencil’