Hollywood Fringe Festival
Poster courtesy of Hollywood Fringe
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — California|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Hollywood, California, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
The annual Hollywood Fringe Festival unites local, national, and international theatre artists in a celebration of performing arts. The various theatres will host performances at 20 official venues where you can wander from one site to the next within the Hollywood neighborhood. These performances include new plays, comedy, dramas, solo artists, hip hop, and more. The street theatre performances feature clowns, mimes, comedy, fire eaters, performance artists, street vendors. The inaugural edition took place in 2010.
|Festival Dates||June 13 - 30, 2013|
The Hollywood Fringe team has adopted a model similar to Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the first event of this type. In this model, any artist can join if they find a venue and pay the registration fee. This model allows artists and venues to seek out compatible relationships and make decisions about a myriad of production questions (such as ticket price, show length, and artist compensation) independent of a centralized Fringe organization. The company feels that a system wherein any artist can join promotes entrepreneurship in the arts and helps the festival grow organically.
- Registration opens February 1, 2013 for the Fourth Annual Hollywood Fringe Festival http://www.hollywoodfringe.org. Organizers are calling for artists and producers of the performing arts to join the celebrated event invading Hollywood this June. The registration deadline to be included in the printed Fringe Guide is April 1st.
- Registration is a three-step process completed through the Festival’s website http://www.hollywoodfringe.org/learn/index/127. Registration is $250, except for free shows or shows with only a single performance (which receive a discounted registration of $175). Registration fees pay for a listing in Fringe materials and many other benefits http://www.hollywoodfringe.org/learn/index/117. There are no restrictions regarding genre, content, or length for the festival; specifics are left to participants and venues to determine.
Key Dates for 2013:
- November 1st- Venue Sign Up Open
- February 1st- Registration Open
- April 1st- Registration Deadline for Guide Inclusion
- June 6th-11th- Fringe Previews
- June 12th- Fringe Opening Night Gala
- June 13th-30th- 4th Annual Hollywood Fringe Festival
- June 30th- Fringe Award Ceremony & Closing Night Party
- Hollywood Fringe Wins Charlie Award for Theatre Arts. The Hollywood Arts Council to Present Award on April 5, 2013. The Hollywood Fringe Festival as the winner of the Charlie Award for Theatre Arts. The Fringe will be presented with the award at the 27th Annual Charlie Awards Luncheon along with the other honorees at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Check out this link to see a list of past award winners.