The Next Stage Theatre Festival
|Country and Region||Canada — Ontario|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Next Stage Theatre Festival
The Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival's annual Next Stage Theatre Festival takes place at the Factory Mainspace and Studio Theatre. Since 2008 the festival’s shows have been met with warmth by audiences and critics. The Next Stage was created to give promising Fringe artists development opportunities beyond the summer festival, supporting the evolution of their work and helping them reach broader audiences. The Fringe helps Next Stage artists deal with the challenges of mounting an independent production through financial and infrastructure support, and through the application of our marketing and production expertise. To be eligible for The Next Stage Theatre Festival, applicants must have previously produced an artistically successful production in a Canadian Association of Fringe® Festival. A panel of judges selectes the lineup of companies based on the merits of a finished script and past artistic success.
|Festival Dates||January 8- 19, 2014|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Factory Mainspace & Studio Theatres
- Online information
Participant’s information 2009:
- The Next Stage Theatre Festival is now CLOSED for its 2009 festival which will run from January 7 to 18 at the Factory Mainspace and Studio Theatres. The application deadline was May 25, 2008 at 11:59 pm. For additional information and application forms visit http://www.nextstagefestival.com
- The Next Stage Theatre Festival is produced by the Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival and aims to complement the summer Fringe by providing another performance opportunity to promising artists. The inaugural Next Stage Festival in 2008 was a great success, selling over 4,500 tickets and drawing lively crowds to its heated outdoor beer tent despite the bitter cold of January.
- Unlike the summer Fringe, the Next Stage is a curated event. In 2009, eight companies (not including any site-specific productions that may be accepted) will be chosen to participate based on the merits of a finished script and past artistic successes.
- Participant Criteria
- To be eligible for The Next Stage Theatre Festival, applicants must have previously produced an artistically successful production in a Canadian Association of Fringe® Festivals’ member festival.
- The Festival is interested in projects from emerging and established theatre artists who are developing new work and/or exploring new artistic avenues. Preference will be given to artists who have received artistic or critical success with a previous production and could use this performance opportunity to maintain their artistic momentum. We welcome applications from artists who are exploring new creative frontiers and/or who are creating in one or more of a variety of genres such as theatre, musicals, opera, movement etc.
- The Next Stage Theatre Festival has been made possible by assistance from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
- For more information please visit our website at
http://www.nextstagefestival.com, or call +01 416-966-1062.
THE TORONTO FRINGE FESTIVAL OFFICE
No. 208 - 344 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 3A7 Canada
Phone: +01 416-966-1062
Fax: +01 416-966-5072
Email: email@example.com Contact: Adam Kirkham