Mohegan Colony Storytelling and Music Festival
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Crompond, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Nationally acclaimed Storytellers and musicians will entertain adults of all ages from the Pavilion Stage, while interactive family stories for young children will be told in the Schoolhouse. Bring blankets for nighttime Ghost Stories by torch and firelight! Food and refreshments available for purchase. Bring towels and beachwear because the Mohegan Colony Beach (a few minutes away) will be available for swimming. Festival goes on Rain or Shine — all venues are covered. Morning Storytelling Workshop with Gail Rosen: 10:00am to noon ($20.00). No experience necessary. Pre-registration advised.
|Festival Dates||August 13, 2011|
Articles and Reviews:
- Festival Presents Storytelling as Theater, by Susan Hodara (The New York Times, August 5, 2007)
- Martha Ginsberg Pavilion Stage
99 Baron de Hirsch Road, off Route 202, near Lexington Avenue
Crompond, New York 10517
- Time: 1:00pm-10:00pm, 5:30pm dinner break and open mic
- Day pass is $12.00
- Night pass—$15.00 (day/night combo pass)
- Children (under 15 yrs.) day pass—$3.00
- Childeren (under 15 yrs.) night pass—$5.00 (day/night combo pass)
- Mohegan Colony is 3 miles off the Taconic Parkway in upper Westchester. Exit Yorktown Route 202, Exit 35, after FDR Park. Left onto 202 at the end of the Exit ramp. 2 1/2 miles turn Right onto Maple Row, (next right after the Hess Gas station). Follow the signs and take Right onto Baron de Hirsch Road.
- The Metro North train from Grand Central stops at Peekskill — a 10 minute taxi ride away.