Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama - TPAM in Yokohama (国際舞台芸術ミーティング in 横浜)
|Country and Region||Japan — Kanagawa|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan|
|Festival Contact Information|
Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama Secretariat
Contact Person: Hiromi Maruoka, Director
Launched as “Tokyo Performing Arts Market” in 1995. As the name “Market” indicates, its objective was to promote trading of performing arts works. However, in 2005, it started to focus more on networking of professionals engaging in contemporary performing arts. In 2011, it moved to Yokohama, changed the name from “Market” to “Meeting” and became “Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama,” while keeping the nickname “TPAM.” It aims to make it function as an international platform for information exchange, networking, mutual learning and discussion. TPAM is an international platform for performing arts professionals who share interest in and passion for creation, promotion, development, dissemination, exchange, critique and study of contemporary performing arts. TPAM consists of showing programs and networking programs, which take place across the diverse artistic and cultural facilities in Yokohama. Registration is basically required for participation in it, but individual tickets for some programs will also be available. Details will be announced on the website.
|Festival Dates||February 9 - 17, 2013|
TPAM Direction 2013:
- 2013 directors
- TPAM Direction is a showcase program as a place for young presenters to experiment and practice on programming to create new concepts in collaboration with artists. The 2013 directors are: Katsuhiro Ohira (Director, ST Spot), Yukako Ogura (Director, AI.HALL [Itami Culture Foundation]), Takuo Miyanaga (Producer, ZuQnZ)
Artists and works to be involved in other programs 2013:
- KENTARO!! (Yokohama Dance Collection EX Performance by Former Prizewinner)
- Yuriko Suzuki and Hwang Soo-hyun (Japan-Korea Dance Exchange Project - Yokohama Dance Collection x Seoul Dance Collection - “Dance Connection”)
- “ZERO COST HOUSE” by Toshiki Okada x Pig Iron Theatre Company
- “Anamorphosis” - Seinendan International Collaboration / Vivarium Studio
- “db-ll-bass” by Aydin Teker and Jun Kawasaki
- “Professor” by Maud Le Pladec
- “A Stranger” by mum & gypsy
- …and a lot more!
TPAM Showcase registration has opened 2013:
- TPAM Showcase is a framework for having independent performances that will be shown in and around Yokohama and Tokyo during the TPAM period register to introduce them to Japanese and international professionals who participate in TPAM. We welcome registrations by people who want to introduce their activities through performances and to build network (registration fee: 30,000 JPY).
- TPAM Showcase registration guideline:
- TPAM basically does not provide support to the production itself, but might be able to suggest a venue.
Networking Programs 2013:
- Multifaceted programs including discussions on the environments surrounding contemporary performing arts, face-to-face meetings with presenters and artists, and presentations by exhibitors that gather from across Japan and the world (exhibitor registration will open next month). Details will be announced on our website.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Yokohama Creativecity Center (YCC)
- Kanagawa Arts Theatre (KAAT)
- BankART Studio NYK
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse Number 1 and others
- For more information visit http://www.tpam.or.jp