Black and white images by Elne photography. All other images courtesy of Sunrise Celebration.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Bruton, South Somerset, England UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Infoline: 0044 (0)845 009 0246
Sunrise Celebration Festival is the UKʼs leading sustainable festival. Powered by 100% sustainable energy with a site wide organic food and drink policy it has been leading the way in innovative green technology since itʼs inception. This magical, immersive experience features 8 arenas, 15 entertainment venues, 8 talks and workshop spaces and a lot more besides.
“Anyone looking for a festival to fill the Glastonbury-shaped hole left by Michael Eavis’s decision to let his land lie fallow and lend his loos to London in 2012 need look no further than nearby Bruton, in Somerset”, said Steve Hawkes, BBC News Online. 1000 lucky applicants get an extra day to celebrate the summer solstice ! (More information on website at
|Festival Dates||June 21 - 24, 2012|
Sunrise Celebration in 2013 will become Sunrise: Another World Festival the exciting new incarnation from the producers of the Sunrise Celebration festivals.As it prepares to spring to life on a beautiful new woodland site near Bath and Frome with the launch of the revolutionary Sunrise Micronation! For more information about this festival visit
Main Lineup 2012:
- THE IMAGINED VILLAGE / THE EGG / WARSAW VILLAGE BAND / MUNGO’S HI FI ft. SOOM T & MR WILLIAMZ / THE DESTROYERS / SHEELANAGIG / PRONGHORN SLAMBOREE / DIZRAELI AND THE SMALL GODS / LAID BLAK / HIDDEN ORCHESTRA / GABBY YOUNG AND THE OTHER ANIMALS / RESONATORS / YES SIR BOSS / THE CARNY VILLAINS / KING PORTER STOMP / EXTRA CURRICULAR / DRAGONSFLY / CELTECH / KAKATSITSI MASTER DRUMMERS OF GHANA / R.S.V.P / JOE DRISCOLL AND SEKOU KOUYATE / WILL AND THE PEOPLE / URBAN FOLK QUARTET / ARIYA ASTROBEAT ARKESTRA / CODA / MANKALA / MONEYSHOT / PARKER / JFB / DJ CHEEBA / DJ TOFU / COCO’S LOVERS / JOHN FAIRHURST / LOCAL POSSE / RODNEY BRANIGAN / PHILLIP HENRY & HANNAH MARTIN / NICK MANASSEH / GHETTO FUNK DJS: STICKYBUDS DANCEFLOOR OUTLAWS / HONG KONG PING / PONG / DJ GOODGROOVE / WILL STREETWISE & LUKE STEREO / RACKABEAT & BARLOW / BRSS / ASBO DISCO / LADY NADE & THE SILHOUETTES / PAT DAM SMYTH / THE WORDLY SAVAGES / 10 TON TONGUE / THE BUFFALO GALS / DUNCAN DISORDERLY AND THE SCALLYWAGS / CATE FERRIS / THE LITTLE UNSAID / CALICO JACK / THE 32 20’S / GREEN ANGELS / HATTIE HATSTAR / ANDREA SOLER / ANIMA CIRCUS / BOBBY GANDOLF / THE AMIGOS / KANGAROO KYLIE BAND / BERT MILLER AND THE ANIMAL FOLK / SUSANNA WATERS / AVERAGE JOE / THE DRYSTONES / WOD / ZE HERALD VON JESTERHOOD / THE MAD COWS / DEL SLOAN / PILLARCAT / THE DUCKWORTHS / CAKEHOLE PRESLEY / THE ROVING CROWS / RAE / DON JOHNSTON / FORCENRA / THE APPLE TREE BOYS / MIXI BELL SALTER / TOM VEK / JULIET SALTER / CATRIN O’NEIL / NATHAN WILLIAMS / RAVI KORA / MAYA / STRING THING / DAYGAN / DJ ME JULIE / PRAN GOPAL / PAUL TERRELL / MARKUS MANN / AVALON ROOTS / ALLEN MORGAN / LUCIDIA and more…
Dance Lineup 2012:
- GAUDI / SHANE GOBI / MASTER BLASTERS / LUCAS / BENJI VAUGHAN (YOUNGER BROTHER/ TWISTED) / BANCO DE GAIA / JOTI SIDHU / HEDFLUX / TERRA NINE / POGO / ANTONIO TESTA / LIQUID JAMES / REGAN / HOPI / LIQUID ROSS / POGO / ANS / TOM REAL / ALIJI / NIK SEQUENCI / BANKS / OUTERLOPERZ / HYPNOCOUSTICS NOVA / DUB TEK / TREVOR P / TOULLICHE IRISHFAIRY / NICK INTERCHILL / AXIELES / JON BONGLY / TOM FU / SALLY / SIMON BARING / IPCRESS / LLAMALEAF / TASHA FOXTROT / LURK / NIMBUS / DJ MOSES / DANI / ADDSIMEON
- If you like this festival — listen to…
- Sunrise Celebration 2009 - “Dancing The Dream Awake”
- When everything goes right
- 2007 edition flooding and the next step
- Tickets are available from Bristol Ticket Shop on 08451080259
- Adults £115
- Kids £25 with Family discounts available
- Take advantage of the Sunrise ticket-buying offer and split the cost between 2 payments! For more information see the new website: http://www.sunrisecelebration.com
- Gilcombe Organic Farm
Bruton, Somerset, BA10 0QE
- The festival takes place for the second glorious year where there will be reveling on the gentle curving fields of Gilcombe Organic Farm, nestled in the Bruton Valley, located in rustic and rural Somerset.
Green Festival awards:
- The Green Parent Green Festival Awards 2012
- What makes Sunrise a worthy winner of the award, apart from the content, is its stringent and well-planned sustainability policies. Powered on 100% renewable energy, from solar, wind and bio diesel from recycled vegetable oil, the festival also has a strict 80% organic food and drink policy and is the only large festival with site-wide compost toilets. Sunrise also boasts comprehensive waste management policies including a full disposable nappy recycling programme, a UK first! Sunrise is renowned for it’s safe and friendly family atmosphere. This year there will be an expanded kids area with even more family fun. It will centre on a giant Helter Skelter with a fun filled fair ground, safe toddlers area and a teen space with skate ramp. There will also be lots of great workshops for kids from basket weaving to learning about homegrown food and how to look after the planet. Also Sustrans, the leading UK charity enabling people to travel by foot, bike and public transport, will be running the Free Range Kids Area.
- Guardian Ethical Travel Award 2011
- Sunrise Festival has been chosen by The Guardian Newspaper as the most ethical travel destination. Sunrise Festival is delighted to announce that it is the proud recipient of the Guardian Ethical Travel award 2011. The festival, which will be once again held on the lush organic fields of Gilcombe farm, Somerset 21st-24th June 2012, has been running for the last six years on 100% sustainable power with a site wide organic food policy, and is widely acclaimed for its holistic outlook. The Ethical Travel Award was presented to Dan Hurring, Sunrise’s Managing Director last week during the Guardian Travel Awards ceremony in Tenerife by Mariella Frostrup. Over 100 dignitaries attended from various national tourist boards, major airlines and travel companies. Sunrise’s commitment to highlighting and showcasing alternative ways of living sustainably on the land and to the promotion of alternative transport solutions for their festival goers impressed the Guardian judges and helped Sunrise win the award. Sunrise is a festival known for walking its talk with the use of solar and wind power, stringent waste and litter management and free water refills to minimise plastic drinking bottles, along with many other ground breaking ideas developed over the last six years. It also has a wealth of talks and workshops with leading UK experts in alternative technologies and living and has become widely acclaimed for its authenticity and lack of green wash. Pioneering creative out looks, prioritising the needs of people and planet alongside monetary profit, and not wavering from that integrity encapsulates its ethos, along with “living in harmony with the earth”, which is in tune with Permaculture Principles and commitment to challenging the status quo, by empowering people to actively create a positive impact on their communities.