Björk, and 2014 Festival Poster.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Switzerland — Valais|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Crans Montana, Valais Switzerland|
The Caprices Festival features days and nights of continuous events held in the heart of Crans-Montana, Valais, Switzerland. The program of events offer a diverse music program, DJs and a variety of performances. Activities and entertainment will take place throughout the centre of the Swiss resort, raising the Festival to the ranks of European cultural events not to be overlooked. Entertainment during the day (on the ski-slopes and around the Crans Montana resort) and a host of concerts in the evening.
|Festival Dates||April 11 - 19, 2014|
The adventure began with four friends who shared a dream of organising a winter music festival in the heart of the Valais Alps. In 2004, their dream became reality and the first winter event, christened the Caprices Festival, kicked off. Today the Festival is still going strong and has established credibility with both the public and its partners.
Announced headliners 2014:
Festival developments for 2014:
- Move to the heart of Crans-Montana
- The festival is moving into the heart of the station of Crans-Montana, where the town will be transformed into a large festival with a more comprehensive and varied free events program. The festival will be fully integrated into the village of “Crans”. The “Square” and the “Moon” will serve as the main stage of the festival included in admission, have a capacity of up to 4000 people, and will be set against the base of the ski lifts at Cry d’Err. Just below, “The Village” of the Festival will be open to the public and will house the “After-Ski” stage, with a capacity of 1500 people. Here, the public can attend concerts of renowned and up-and-coming artists for free. Just around the corner and right in the center of Crans will be the “Street”, an area that will be home to multiple food stands that offer an eclectic mix of world cuisine and local dishes from Valais. In summary, free shows will be offered every day from 16:00 to 00:00 in the streets of Crans!
- Musical line-up: honoring electronic music, valuing live music
- The first weekend of the festival (April 11th to 13th) will be entirely dedicated to electronic music and clubbing. The finest ambassadors from electronic music will be there to make the people dance from the afternoon until the break of dawn. DJ sets and live acts will be scattered across various locations of the festival, and the famed “Modernity@Caprices” will make its return on Friday, April 11th, Saturday, April 12th, and Sunday, April 13th. Throughout the week, the station will vibrate to the rhythm of the festival with its free concerts, street shows, and planned evenings at the satellite stages. During the second weekend (April 17th to 19th), the successful formula of previous editions will return: renowned artists will play live in concert, representing various genres including chanson francaise, hip-hop, soul, folk, rock, pop, etc.
- Packages: Offering a musical Easter break
- The final new development is that Caprices will now again become the festival inherently associated with Easter break. Those who are considering vacation will think of vacation in Crans-Montana, where one will be able to unite the pleasure of listening to music with the pleasure of being in the mountains. In order to equally appeal to electronic music lovers, rock and hip-hop fans, party-loving sport enthusiasts, and sport-loving partyers, Caprices will place its attractive package list on sale on October 25th. Amongst these will be the “Day & Night Clubbing Package”, the “Night Clubbing Package (WE1)”, the “Live Package (WE2)”, and finally, for those who wish to take part in the full Caprices experience of seven days, the “Holiday Package”.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811