First Night Raleigh
|Country and Region||United States — North Carolina|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Raleigh, North Carolina USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Phone: (01) 919-832-8699
Each year, First Night Raleigh attracts 40,000 people from the area to celebrate the arts and community. This year’s festival focuses on the celebration’s return of Fayetteville Street, and will include a street-long block party featuring music, dancing, and activities for all ages. The 100-300 blocks will each represent a different decade, taking people on a trek back in time to the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. The main stage, acorn drop, and fireworks will all take place on the 400 block of Fayetteville Street. The annual Children’s Celebration returns with more than a dozen performances and hands-on activities with an “Under the Sea” theme.
Events will take place throughout the North Carolina Museums of History and Natural Sciences and outside on the Bicentennial Plaza. Also enjoy Ballroom Dancing, The “Curators”, Transactors Improv Company, African American Dance Ensemble, Actors Comedy Lab, and more! First Night Raleigh is presented by Artsplosure, a non-profit corporation that also produces the Artsplosure spring arts festival each May.
|Festival Dates||December 31, 2013|
- Admission buttons are available at local Harris Teeter, Eckard Drug, and CARQUEST Auto Parts stores.
- Buttons are $9 in advance for children ages 6-12 and adults
- Children five and under are admitted free
- Buy your button before the event and save on tickets to presentations by the Carolina Ballet, the North Carolina Symphony, and Raleigh Little Theater
- At the event, buttons are $10 for children ages 6-12 and $12 for adults