"Eduard Pamfil" International Festival of Young Guitar Players
Photos courtesy of Fundatia Romana de Chitara
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Romania — Bucharest|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania|
|Festival Contact Information|
“Eduard Pamfil” International Festival of Young Guitar Players
The “Eduard Pamfil” International Festival of Young Guitar Players is a competitive festival that takes place in Bucharest, Romania each year. The event is organized by The Romanian Guitar Foundation who awards prizes to the winners of the age categories. Recitals take place in the Concert Hall of “Tinerimea Română” National Art Centre located in 4, Schitu Magureanu Street, opposite to Cişmigiu Park, and next to Bulandra Theatre, Izvor Hall.
|Festival Dates||December 20 - 21, 2013|
Eduard Pamfil studied psychiatry at the famous “Sorbonne” University of Paris where he obtained the degree of doctor in medical sciences. In the same period he studied classical guitar, also in Paris, with one of the most important teachers of the 20th century, Emilio Pujol from Spain. He was the first “Romanian guitarist” to perform at the Romanian Athenaeum, playing the Concerto in A major by Mauro Giuliani together with the physicians’ orchestra.
From 1983 until 1990 the teacher Eduard Pamfil was a member of the jury of the National Classical Guitar Festival in Sinaia, and in this position, through his attitude and advice, he became the true ideologist of the guitar movement in Romania. Being a guitar teacher, performer, designer, poet and essay writer are just a few of the aspects of the personality of a great psychiatrist and PhD professor whose specialised books have been translated in several languages while he is still considered to be one of the founding fathers of the Romanian school of psychiatry. Through this festival we wish to bring our truest homage to the person who was always a great friend of the guitar and of all guitar lovers.
- The Romanian Guitar Foundation organizes the XVII International Festival “Eduard Pamfil” dedicated to young guitarists. The contest will be held in four age categories and will be offering prizes totaling €6,000. On this edition of Romanian Guitar Foundation will provide that special award by way of loan, the guitar that belonged to the spiritual patron of this festival, Eduard Pamfil, to one of the participants. The instument, built by luther Roman Boianciuc in 1979, and donated for this purpose by Francoise and Pascal Pamfil will remain in possession of the designated until the date on which it will buy or will earn a master guitar and will then be offered same conditions to another young guitarist. The jury will be composed of personalities of Romanian guitar and will be chaired by Professor Liviu Georgescu, President of the Romanian Guitar Foundation and Festival Director. As guest of honor of this edition will be the guitarmaker Andrei Oprisan, who will offer a master guitar to the winner of “D” category and worth €2,500.
Age Requirements/Category for Contest 2013:
- The guitar contest will include 4 age categories:
- A) participants that were born after January 1, 2003
- B) participants that were born after January 1, 2000
- C) participants that were born after January 1, 1997
- D) participants that were born after January 1, 1988
- Required programs for contest:
- Category A)—the contest programme will be freely chosen and will last for a maximum of 8 minutes;
- Category B)— the contest programme will last for a maximum of 12 minutes and will include works from different periods;
- Category C)— the contest programme will last for a maximum of 15 minutes and will include works from different periods.
- Category D)— the contest programme will last for a maximum of 20 minutes and will include works from different periods.
- For Categories D, Prizes will be awarded in money, musical instruments and special trophies. 1st Prize — one guitar specially belt for the festival by Hora s.a. Reghin (Liikanen model) worth Euro 1200 and a Scholarship for the International Guitar Festival Sinaia – Romania 2014 (accommodation plus full board and festival fees) / 2nd Prize — a Scholarship for the International Guitar Festival in Targu Mures 2014 (accommodation plus full board and festival fees) / 3rd Prize – a scholarship for the Guitar Festival in Odorheiu Secuiesc 2014 (accommodation plus full board and festival fees. For Categories A, B and C, Prizes will be awarded in money, musical instruments, accesories and special trophies. The contestants can participate to a superior category of age. In this case they will pay the taxes for both categories. The contest participation fee is LEI 80.00 for categories A, B and C, and LEI 100.00 for Category D.
- The contest participation fee will be paid on Friday, December 20, 2013 after the official opening.
- Participant accomodation:
- For accommodation purposes, we recommend the Hello Hotel on 143, Calea Grivitei Street, Bucharest 1 (across the North Railway Station (Gara de Nord)), which proves very good accommodation conditions at reasonable prices arr. 15 Euro/pers/day. For this item, please contact the Romanian Guitar Foundation in due time and complete in the participation card the number of person who need accommodation and their names.
- The order of participants in the contest will be established by the organizers, and the decisions of the jury will be final.
- The programme of the festival and order of participants in the contest will be posted at “Tinerimea Romana” National Art Centre.
- The Participation Chart will be e-mailed by Saturday November 24th, 2013 at the latest, to:
Facsimile: 004 0 21 726-73-46
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTESTANTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE Friday, December 21, 2013