Imelda May, photo courtesy of Sligo Live
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Ireland — Sligo|
|Type of Festival||Literary, Music|
|Location of Festival||Sligo, County Sligo, Ireland|
|Festival Contact Information|
Ireland's Folk, Roots & Indie Festival offers music in a natural environment. The annual festival features an exciting program of music, comedy, literary events and fun in Sligo over the October Bank Holiday.
|Festival Dates||October 23 - 28, 2013|
- Dublin’s very own rockabilly queen IMELDA MAY, the Choice Music Prize nominated VILLAGERS and Texan rock band MIDLAKE. With 80% of all festival performances free of charge and all in fantastic indoor locations across beautiful Sligo town, event goers will be treated to the full festival experience without ever having to get mud on their boots.
- With over 80 performances from 300 performers including
- Planxty Legends Liam O Flynn, Andy Irvine, Paddy Glackin and Donal Lunny, aka LAPD, DERVISH with Sligo Academy of Music and Sinfonietta, the very special Coleman’s Call concert, Liz Carroll, Téada, Tony DeMarco, Seamus Tansey, Seamie O’Dowd, Jesse Smith, Oisin MacDiarmada, Sean Gavin, Seamus and Manus McGuire, Garry O Briain, Philip Duffy, Mossie Martin, Declan Folan, Junior Davey, Declan Courell, Niamh Dunne (Beoga), Goitse,Rackhouse Pilfer (support to IMELDA MAY), Common Tongues (support to VILLAGERS), The Young Folk (Support to MIDLAKE), Locust Honey String Band, PETE MOLINARI (Bruce Springsteen’s favourite artist), DJ KORMAC, ODDSOCKS, THIS SIDE UP and many more.
- Other events include
- The always dynamic SLIGO SESSIONS day and night, the renowned Fiddler of Dooney Competition with the addition of an overseas expansion, add a whole parallel program of roots and indie music bringing together established and Irish artists, a hopping Three Stage Festival Clubeach night, FESTIVAL FRINGE and ‘ARRIVALS’, performances by some of Ireland’s up and coming emerging talent and you have a must see festival. Closing out the festival will be the hilarious World Air Fiddle Championships, so get those air fiddles tuned up!
- Full program
- SLIGO LIVE takes place over 6 days spanning the Bank Holiday Weekend, October 23d – 28th 2013. See http://www.sligolive.ie/ for full programme.