|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||New York, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Manhattan Theatre Source
Church St. Station
EstroGenius is an annual celebration of female voices that features—theatre, solo shows, music, visual art, dance, panel discussions, young writers and performers, and events for teens and girls. Submissions are open to women from around the world and provides opportunities to female artists in a variety of disciplines ranging from the emerging to the seasoned professional.
|Festival Dates||October 15 - November 10, 2013|
- Facebook (don’t forget to become a fan)
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- TBG Theatre
312 W. 36th Street
New York, New York
Visit the festival web site for details
Call for scripts 2013:
- Calling all Estro Alums
- We’ve been shaking up the format for Estrogenius, and this year’s festival will look like none that has come before it. There will be collaborations, workshops, networking events, readings, longer plays, art, dance, sword-swallowers – yeah, okay. Probably no sword-swallowers. But – with your help – there WILL be short plays. We’re looking for five short play gems from within the Estro community to add to this year’s festival. Here are the specifics:
- WHO: Any Estro alum is eligible to submit. If you’ve been involved in a past Estrogenius Festival – even if it wasn’t as a playwright – we’d love to hear from you and consider your work.
- WHAT: A short play – 10 to 15 minutes long – that is set in an art gallery. If you don’t have an existing piece that’s set in an art gallery, you can write something brand spanking new, or adapt a play that’s set in a restaurant or a bar.
- WHEN: Submission deadline is Friday, August 24, 2013. We know that’s right around the corner, but Estro has such a talented corps of artists that we’re betting we’ll have an embarrassment of riches from which to choose.
- WHERE: Please send scripts to Deborah Long in PDF format, via e-mail, to email@example.com. One submission per person, please.
- WHY: Because our alums are awesome, of course! And we want to showcase our own!
- We have a team of volunteers who will be reading submissions and selecting the Final Five, and we’ll share their choices with the Estro community in mid-September. Let the writing – and submitting – begin!