International Student Choir Forum "Paparats Kvetka"
Photography by Anna Ivanova
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Belarus — Minsk|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Minsk, Minsk, Belarus|
|Festival Contact Information|
Department of Culture Affairs
Organized by Belarusian State University, the V. Paparats Kvetka International Student Choir Forum takes place in early May each year. The Forum aims to preserve and develop the best traditions of Belarusian and world choir art, to provide youth with further musical education, and to establish artistic contacts among choirs from Belarus, and near and far countries from abroad. With pleasure, we invite Choirs to take part in this Forum and contribute to the international youth choir movement.
|Festival Dates||May 14 - 19, 2013|
CITY OF MINSK — Because of its geographical location in the heart of Europe on the legendary trade route from the Vikings to the Greeks, the city of Minsk has been a major centre of arts and sciences, commerce and crafts throughout its history. Founded in 1067, Minsk was granted Magdeburg rights in 1499. The city has developed a unique and always tolerant fusion of nationalities and cultures arising from a history dotted with a changing state identity—part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in 1326; the capital of Minsk Voivodship (Province) in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth from 1569; annexed by Russia as a consequence of the Second Partition of Poland in 1793; the capital of the Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic in 1919; and, since 1991, the capital of the Republic of Belarus. The Minsk of today is a fast-growing European city with a population of 1.8 million, its vibrant culture expressed by bright streets, broad avenues, historic and post-war architecture, and, of course, the inhabitants, whose infinite kindness and hospitality make everyone feel welcome!
- Best Choir – Festival Grand-Prix
- Best Conductor
- Best Soloist
- For Best Performance of Sacred Programme
- For Best Performance of Secular Programme
- The Festival gives preference to university choirs but also offers the opportunity to:
- Students of higher educational institutions
- Youth organizations
- Artistic associations
- Independent groups.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Participant's information 2013:
- Forum Rules are available online at http://www.chorum.bsu.by/doc/Chorum'13_info_En.pdf