Sierre Blues Festival
2013 Festival Poster
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Switzerland — Valais|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Sierre, Valais, Switzerland|
|Festival Contact Information|
SIERRE BLUES ASSOCIATION
The Sierre Blues Festival is an annual event that has taken place since 2008 and again this year is filled with beautiful discoveries. Established as a major event in Valais as well as Switzerland, the Sierre Blues Festival features more than 30 musical performances, many of which are international. The must-see attraction of these benefits is increased fivefold by the beauty of the environment where they take place, nestled in the heart of the town of Sierre surrounded by lakes and mountains. The Sierre Blues Festival features big-name Blues but strong promising young artists. An event not to be missed!
|Festival Dates||August 28 - September 1, 2013|
- From August 28th to September 1st, with Texas headlining — the Sierre Blues Festival presents an eclectic and international program:
- Manu Lanvin, Sharrie Williams, Davina & The Vagabonds, and The Doors Revival. This 5th edition will begin with Blues Night Valais, which will take place on Wednesday, August 28. Four previously selected Valaisan groups who take place in a contest and its winner will be given the opportunity to perform on the main stage of the festival, Saturday, August 31.
- Thursday, August 29
- After 6 years of absence in Switzerland the Scottish band Texas and the charismatic Sharleen Spiteri will perform on stage with songs from their brand new album ‘The Conversation’ for a single delivery in Switzerland. This evening will be also hosted by groups Babajack (winner of the British Blues Award 2012) and Awek. Manu Lanvin, the “Frenchy” which plays in the Court of the great Blues and Neal Black, master of the “Texas High Voltage Boogie” with its 25-year career, will also benefit to present their joint show.
- Friday, August 30
- Fabian Anderhub (winner of the Swiss Blues Challenge 2012) will ignite the evening along with Eric Steckel, the youngest guitarist to play with the John Mayall Bluesbreakers. The Group Lightnin’guy & the Mighty Gators, of the Belgian Blues Award and Scarecrow, a surprising Blues Hip Hop group, winners will also be part. The programming of this evening will be augmented by a group surprise.
- Saturday, August 31
- “the Princess of the Rockin’Gospel Blues”, Sharrie Williams will share the poster with the ‘Betty Boop of Cotton Blues’ Davina & the Vagabonds. The evening will also tinged with the jam Rod Barthet and the notes to the Group The Doors Revival, probably the best coverband of the famous group of Jim Morrison. A surprise artist complement tonight there also the program.
- Sunday September 1
- Performances will be devoted to families. Beginning at 9:00am, the public will be welcomed with a coffee/croissant and may participate in an ecumenical celebration for which Sharrie Williams will have her Gospel Queen outfit. More concerts will follow including Veronica & the Red Wine Serenaders (winners of the Italian Blues Challenge 2012 and the European Blues Challenge 2013). Sierre Blues Band, a group of local musicians will of course take part. Note that this last day is free.
- The Blues in Town will be repeated this year. Thus, the public can enjoy concerts throughout the city in the hours of the aperitif in all partners of the Festival. All program, the ticket office as well as registration for the Walliser Blues Night conditions are available at http://www.sierreblues.ch
- TEXAS (UK) with the charismatic Sharleen Spiteri
- Sharrie Williams (USA)
- Eric Steckel (USA)
- Manu Lanvin & Neal Black (France/USA)
- Veronica & The Red Wine Serenaders (Italy)
- Davina & The Vagabonds (USA)
- AWEK (France)
- Egidio Juke Ingala (Italy)
- BabaJack (UK)
- Fabian Anderhub (Switzerland)
- Scarecrow (France)
- Lightnin’Guy & The Mighty Gators (Belgium)
- Rod Barthet (France)
- The Doors Revival (Switzerland)
- Sierre Blues Band (Switzerland)
- and many more…
Free concerts 2013:
- Blues in Town
- Blues Night Valaisanne
- Blues in School
- Blues & Breakfast
- for additional information visit the festival web site at
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811