Summer Swing at Kew
Photos © Swingtime at Kew
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Richmond, Surrey, England UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Summer Swing at Kew
Announcing its biggest and best-ever line-up, this summer’s hot ticket will be Kew Garden’s annual “Party for the planet”, Summer Swing. The all-star bill features music legends Jools Holland, Lulu and the Gipsy Kings, plus an evening of hits from the Commitments and the Blues Brothers, and is set to deliver five nights of non-stop partying to timeless classics. Each ticket sold supports Kew's vital global research, education and conservation work. Presented by Wines of South Africa.
|Festival Dates||July 9 - 14, 2013|
Program July 8 and 12, 2008:
- Party for the Planet - Kew Garden’s open-air picnic concerts 2008, Presented by Wines of South Africa. Its biggest and best-ever line-up, this summer’s hot ticket will be Kew’s annual “Party for the planet”, Summer Swing. With an all-star bill of music legends, there’ll be non-stop dancing at Kew Garden’s hugely popular series of open air picnic and fireworks concerts as we guarantee night after night of timeless party classics.
- JULY 8 and 12—Jools Holland and his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra, Boogie-woogie fun and party frolics all round. Jools is joined on stage by Gilson Lavis, Marc Almond, Ruby Turner & Louise Marshall. (Tickets £32/£35)
- JULY 9— Stars from The Commitments/Sounds of the Blues Brothers, A double bill of movie hit classics. Direct from Dublin, original cast members from The Commitments give soul satisfaction with hits like Try a Little Tenderness, Mustang Sally, Take Me To The River, In The Midnight Hour plus many more. Plus a salute to the original Men In Black by Europe’s leading Blues Brothers show, with a mind-blowing cocktail of electrifying songs. (Tickets £30)
- JULY 10—Lulu, A real treat to see the UK’s all-time favourite pop diva up-close with as many of her timeless party tracks as we can cram on the set list: Shout, Man with the Golden Gun and Relight My Fire. (Tickets £35)
- JULY 11—Gipsy Kings, From the French kings of flamenco-edged Gypsy rock expect party favourites Lleva Me El Compas, Bamboleo, and Volare as well as some rootsier material, returning to authentic Andalusian and Moorish sources. (Tickets: £37.50)
- Each ticket sold supports the vital global research, education and conservation work of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
- Tickets from £30. Call See Tickets on +44 0871 231 0834 (24hrs)
or book on-line at http://www.kew.org/summerswing, or
- Group discounts available.
- No seating is provided, therefore bring blankets, folding chairs and picnics.
- Gates open 6:30pm and concerts start 7:30pm approximately.
- Spectacular fireworks finale at approximately 10:15pm
- Kew Gardens
Surrey, England UK
How to get there:
- By underground
District Line to Kew Gardens
- By trains
Kew Gardens (Silverlink) and Kew Bridge (SWT)
- By Bus
65 and 391
- By car
Please note that parking is extremely limited, so avoid the hassle, help the environment and use public transport where possible. Temporary parking restrictions apply on Kew Road during the concerts. A small number of spaces are available at Brentford Gate car park (£3.50 charge) reached via Ferry Lane off Kew Green. It is a 20-minute walk from the car park to the concert site via Kew Road.