Photos and logo courtesy of Bluesfest International
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Canada — Ontario|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||London and Windsor, Ontario, Canada|
|Festival Contact Information|
Sheryl Davies, Publicist and Organizer
Bluesfest International celebrated its inaugural edition in 1994. The annual event takes place in London and Windsor, Ontario at the Riverfront Festival Plaza on the banks of the mighty Detroit River, opposite Motown and Caesars Casino. As the 11th largest blues festival in North America, we’ve put together another stellar line-up that won’t disappoint. Gather your friends from near and far and enjoy 3 days of tantalizing national and international blues acts. The programming also features Family Day Sunday, Long and McQuade’s Music Clinic, Essex County Riders Show and Shine, Tug Across the River (Team USA vs Team Canada) and the return of Bluesfest Idol. For complete information go to http://www.thebluesfest.com or visit the festival’s Facebook link on this page.
|Festival Dates||July 12 - 14, 2013|
Summer Festival Guide by Reverend Keith A. Gordon, About.com
- Bluesfest International — (endorsed summer 2009 at About.com) “With the economy in shambles and money tighter than ever, blues fans can take solace in the fact that the good, old-fashioned festival provides more entertainment bang for your buck than any summer movie blockbuster or over-priced athletic competition. Rather than staying at home and vegging out in front of your 42” LCD big screen watching rerun Law & Order episodes, why not plan on checking out one of these popular blues festivals that we’ve picked for you below? You can thank us later!
Bluesfest International (London & Windsor, Ontario Canada)
Two great blues festivals held during the same weekend, just a couple of hours (and roughly 117 miles/189km) apart, the Bluesfest will happen from Friday, July 16 the through Sunday, July 18th, 2010 in both London and Windsor, Ontario in Canada. Both sites promise a heck of a lot of great music, with Windsor, right across the border from Detroit, featuring talents like Watermelon Slim, Ronnie Baker Brooks, Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes, Tab Benoit, and Janiva Magness, among many others. Down the road apiece in London you can enjoy the aforementioned artists as well as Big James & the Chicago Playboys, Mark Hummel & Blues Survivors, and more. No matter which one of these festivals you attend, you’re going to have a good time.
- Phone 866-934-6889
- Online at http://www.thebluesfest.com/
- Waterfront Festival Plaza
Located opposite Motown and the Caesars Casino
- Waterfront Festival Plaza
- The venue is located at the corner of King and Clarence in the heart of downtown London.