Standon Calling Festival
Photos courtesy of Standon Calling Festival
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Literary, Music|
|Location of Festival||Standon, Ware, Hertfordshire, England UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Standon Calling is a 5,000 capacity gem of the UK Festival scene — with the site set in rolling countryside only 40 minutes from London, the festival is easily accessible by train, car or coach and is the musical picnic you and your friends have been waiting for. Each year a festival theme sets the direction of the programming. The boutique festival program offers an outstanding line-up that is sure to please.
|Festival Dates||August 2 - 4, 2013|
A beginner's guide:
- Festival facts
- Standon began as a birthday party for founder Alex Trenchard who wanted to create an intimate weekend of ultimate fun for his friends.
- Standon grew solely by word of mouth and now people come from all over the UK for its friendly atmosphere and killer line up.
- Our kids or area will get bigger this year to coincide with Head Honcho Alex becoming a father! Kids can expect an interactive fun filled experience with the emphasis on education and discovery.
- The festival is a not-for-profit event that raises money for Phoenix Futures; a charity who support victims of drug and alcohol abuse across the UK.
- Festival goers will often wake up on Sunday morning to find a detox juice at the door of their tent; courtesy of Standon HQ
- The toilets at Standon have wooden doors, paintings on the walls and lights round the mirrors. Yes folks, better than your one at home!
- Top secret areas at Standon change each year and revellers are unexpectedly led there when they least expect it.
- You can walk around the whole festival site in under half an hour.
Announced lineup 2013:
- De La Soul — headliner
- Band Of Skulls — headliner
- King Charles
- The Correspondents
- Gentleman’s Dub Club
- New Groove Formation
- Annie Dale
- The Joy Formidable
- The D.O.T. featuring Mike Skinner
- DJ Yoda
- Trans Siberian Marching Band
- Public Service Broadcasting
- The Skints
- Lazarus & The Plane Crash
- Rotten Hill Gang
- London Afrobeat Collective
- Band of Buriers
- Trenton & Free Radical
- Dutch Uncles
- Craig Charles’ Funk & Soul Show
- Nina Kraviz
- Simian Mobile Disco
- Giles Peterson
- DJ Format
- Greg Wilson
- If you like this festival — listen to…
- Standon Lordship Manor House
Standon, Hertfordshire, England
- Online Tickets