New York Clown Theatre Festival
Photos: See Practical information below for credits
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Brooklyn, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Each year since 2006 the annual New York Clown Theatre Festival pas presented an international group of comedic acts at the Brick Theater. The festival will present 17 mainstage shows, 4 kid-friendly shows, 1 street show, and 5 cabarets, including a cabaret devoted to clowns over 50! The festival begins on September 3 with its traditional opening day parade from Union Square through the L line subway to Williamsburg, followed by an open-to-the-public pie fight at The Brick Theater! And it closes on September 26 with the traditional closing day Funeral, with clowns weeping and wailing in the streets of Williamsburg.
|Festival Dates||September 7 - 25, 2011|
HE BRICK was founded in 2002 by Robert Honeywell and Michael Gardner. Formerly an auto-body shop, a yoga center, and various storage spaces, this brick-walled garage in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, was completely refurbished as a state-of-the-art performance space. Since then, The Brick has launched, produced and presented hundreds of world-premiere stage works from New York emerging artists and theater-makers from around the globe. The theater company is a proud member of New York’s burgeoning Indie Theater community and informal home to an ever-expanding family of artists and avid theatergoers. Winner of the New York Innovative Theatre Foundation’s Caffé Cino Fellowship Award 2009 “for an Off-Off Broadway theatre company that consistently produces outstanding work.”
- If you like this festival — listen to…
Slideshow photo credits:
- In order of appearance
- 2011 Amuse Bouche Flocked, featuring Audrey Crabtree & Gabriela Munoz. Photo credit Leonard Manzo
- 2011 Amuse Bouche Morro and Jasp Gone Wild featuring Heather Maria Annis & Amy Lee.
- Bony Lil, photo by Zea Barker
- Legs & All, in the 2010 New York FRIGID Festival & The New York Clown Theatre Festival featuring Peter Musante & Summer Shapiro. Photo by Misha Kutuzov
- Morro and Jasp Do Puberty, in The New York Clown Theatre Festival featuring Heather Marie Annis and Amy Lee. Photo by Alex Nirta.
- Brick Theater
575 Metropolitan Avenue (between Union Avenue and Lorimer Street)