Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival
Photo Credit: Chestnut Street Stage, photo by Don Ver Ploeg; Kyle Eastwood and his Band, photo by Garry Geer
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Rochester, New York USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Jean Dalmath, Publicist/Communication Director
The Festival’s tenth edition includes more than 60 free shows. It takes place in 17 different venues and outdoor stages all within walking distance in Rochester’s East End Cultural District. Gibbs Street will become “Jazz Street” and will be closed to traffic for all nine days.
The Festival, already known for delivering one of the most extensive international lineups of any jazz festival in the United States, will add even more concerts this year from artists outside the United States. In addition to two well-established popular international series, Nordic Jazz Now and Made in the UK, three bands from Denmark will be presented in association with Copenhagen Jazz Festival Experience.
Also this year, are two new Club Pass Series and venues: the Roots and Americana Series, which will be held at Abilene Bar, and the Viva Italia Series, which will be held at the Rochester Club Ballroom.
“These new series and the breadth of international talent will whet the appetites of our loyal Club Pass connoisseurs and more than satisfy the musical palates of all in attendance,” said Marc Iacona, Festival Producer and Executive Director. “We’re proud to feature the hottest up and coming artists from around the globe.”
The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival - RIJF has become one of nation’s largest and fastest growing music festivals, drawing fans from all across the US and around the world to hear legendary Grammy award-winning artists and critically-acclaimed jazz and contemporary groups. The nine-day Festival delivers a diverse lineup of creative improvised music with more than 800 artists from around the world performing in 250 concerts.
|Festival Dates||June 21 - 29, 2013|
- If you like this festival — listen to…
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Club Pass Series Venues 2013:
- Abilene Bar and Lounge (153 Liberty Pole Way)
- Christ Church (141 East Ave)
- Harro East Ballroom (155 North Chestnut Street)
- Hatch Recital Hall, Eastman East Wing (433 E. Main Street)
- Kilbourn Hall, Eastman School of Music (26 Gibbs Street)
- Little Theatre (240 East Avenue)
- Max of Eastman Place (Gibbs St.)
- Montage Grille (50 Chestnut Plaza)
- Reformation Lutheran Church (111 North Chestnut Street)
- Rochester Club Ballroom (120 East Ave)
- Festival Club Pass Big Tent (Main St. & Gibbs St.)
- Xerox Auditorium at Xerox Plaza (100 S. Clinton Ave) entrance on Broad Street)
Club Pass Show Tickets 2013:
- $20 and $25 at the door (cash only)
- Club Pass show tickets are not available in advance. Entry to all Club Pass shows is first-come, first-served with the Club Pass or tickets purchased at the door.