Nashville SongWriters Festival on Music Row
|Country and Region||United States — Tennessee|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Nashville, Tennessee, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Nashville SongWriters Festival
Three Days of Live Original Music from all genres on multiple stages, classes, Open House, networking and gathering of old friends in Nashville, Tennessee represent the past, present and future of songwriting. The Annual Nashville SongWriters Festival on the Row offers several music happenings in one! Find your place in the mix. It’s part live original music festival, part music conference, part networking opportunity and part gathering of old friends held each June. The live performances, education and Open House are concurrently running events. Attendees can take in all or parts and “Play it by ear!”
Songwriters of all genres share their music on multiple stages and open sing rings. The fest is open to all forms of songwriting, from the novice to the professional. There are no pre qualifications to play or attend. Everyone is encouraged to come as they are. All attendees will have the opportunity to share their words or music and find their place in the mix.
While at the fest, writers can also attend Pro Instruction classes, workshops, Q & A sessions and gather other personal tid bits, all about the craft and business of songwriting. An Open House is held by participating recording studios, publishers, song pluggers and other music related businesses where writers can drop by without an appointment to ask questions, exchange samples or discuss what part they play in the business of Music. Register your music related music business for the Open House or if you’re a festival attendee, stop by and check out some of the industry.
For registered and non performing writers there will be a “Writer’s Area” provided by the Fest near the Info Booth. At the display table attendees can deposit their CD’S and the fest staff will take inquiries or make sales for participants. Also drop off a copy of your songs in the Fest Drop Box where your materials can be checked out by the fest or forwarded to others. Come to share your music and have fun playing the songs that you have written. While at the fest we hope you get inspired, reinvigorated, find co writers, network and write some new tunes.
Another historical gathering begins to shape up as we throw down at this years congregation to celebrate the spirit of the songwriter. Many special guest and surprises await but as always, the real featured writer is you!
|Festival Dates||May 31 - June 2, 2013|
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2013 — Boomer Castleman presentation 8:00pm Saturday, June 1, Studio 33 Tent Stage. Presented by Brian White and Friends Round.
- Fest Kick Off Party: Open To Public Thursday May 30th: Open Mic 5, 7:00pm,
- Whitting Publicity “Tunesmithing on the Row!” 7:00-10:00pm,
- Bottom SOP 10pm -Mid…
- Allen Karl Grand Master 2013 Friday night May 31, “Blessing of the SongWriters and Presentation of the Keys to Music Row” at the Studio 33 Tent Stage
- Kathy Louvin’s “Positive Message Show” Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm June 2nd Music Row Best Western. Kathy is also helping out as a Mentor at the fest.
- Renowned Treasure Isle Recorders Open House at the Studio who’s client list include Jason Aldene, and more… Saturday June 1st 10AM to Noon 2808 Azalea Pl Nashville, 37204
- Mind Coup Live Streaming from the Studio 33 Tent Stage. Stages added: Aloft and The Row Kitchen & Pub. More added as need dictates….
- Mentors Added. Stephen Foster of Global Radio Promotions. Come ask the Questions you want about what you want, when you want. Music Row Best Western Lounge Area Friday thru Sunday May 31 - June 2, Noon till 6pm.
Keeli’s Co-Writers Corner Open Mic and till dawn Open Sing Ring… Friday & Saturday. Sunday? Talk to Keeli.
- All here and more..
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Open call 2013:
- Open Call for Mentors, Volunteers for stage and sound, Performers, Equipment and all other needs at the 11th Nashville SongWriters Festival on Music Row. Help make this years family reunion something special. We are a patchwork of Pros to novices that throw together and have a fest now in it’s 11th year. We’re a grass roots, community effort. A happening more than an event. If you can think of some way you can help or we can assist each others endeavors, let us know. Send us your ideas. It’s your fest.
- FestHeads can
- Formally register to participate, Volunteer or Trade Services….
May 30 - June 2, 2013
8 stages for 3 1/2 days. Education, parties, networking, performance opportunities.
- Formally register to participate, Volunteer or Trade Services…. May 30 - June 2, 2013