International Children's Folklore Festival "Sofia"
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Bulgaria — Sofia|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Music|
|Location of Festival||Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria|
|Festival Contact Information|
Association International Children’s Folklore Festival Sofia“
The festival aims to present to the wide audience the children’s cultural heritage of different nations through the presentation of traditional folklore music in an authentic and stylized form. Those taking part in this folklore event include folklore ensembles and groups; dancing and vocal groups; soloists and instrumentalists from all over the world. This international event seeks to promote and share the folklore and traditions of different nations to strengthen the friendship and the identity of each country.
|Festival Dates||April 25 - 27, 2013|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Deadline is January 6, 2014
- The application must include
- Exactly and legible completed application form;
- DVD recorded performance that will be presented at the Festival;
- History of the group;
- Advertising materials;
- Photos to be used in the Festival advertisement - minimum resolution: 10 cm at 300 dpi, size not less than 800 KB
- The application form can be downloaded on http://www.festivalsofia.com
- The selected participants will be notified in writing by February 2, 2014
- The festival aims to present to the wide audience the children’s cultural heritage of different nations through the presentation of traditional folklore dance in an authentic and stylized form.
The festival programme will include:
- Concerts on open stages and indoor scenes in Sofia / depending on the weather and the region/;
- Folklore animation by children for children in kindergartens and schools;
- Costume road show;
- Folklore art fair;
- Recreation and sport
Terms of participation 2014:
- The International Children’s Folklore Festival Sofia 2014 is not a competition.
- The Children’s Ensembles and Groups should meet the participation requirement to prepare thematically selected authentic folklore dances which represent traditional games, celebrations, rituals, customs and songs from their region. The programme should be suitable for the age and interpretative abilities of children.
- The group has to be accompanied by a live orchestra. Performances based on CD recording or electronic instruments are not accepted. * The age limit of the participants is 8 to 14 years, with the exception of managers and musicians.
- The group has to prepare 3 performances lasting respectively 20 minutes, 10 minutes and 4 minutes that will be presented on the concerts during the festival. The Ensembles should be ready to present their country, folklore costumes, traditions, games and customs to the Bulgarian children in English.
- The group has to participate in all events during the festival.
- The festival will be filmed by television and recorded on the radio, as participants are not allowed to have any claims for copyright of the photo, video and audio materials.
- The groups will be allowed to sell their traditional souvenirs and other items which should be announced beforehand to the organizers.
- All groups participating in the festival will receive gifts and diplomas for participation.
- Transportation costs to Bulgaria, Sofia and back, and during the festival are on behalf of the groups.
- According to the rules of the International Children’s Folklore Festival in Sofia, children will be accommodated in host families, as each family will host one child.
There is a possible option for hotel accommodation; in this case each participant has to pay a participation fee of 30 euro per day (the festival lasts for 4 days). Confirmation of hotel accommodation has to be submitted no later than 01 February, 2014.
- The group should not exceed 25 people, including executives, musicians and drivers. For each person over the limit there is an additional fee of 30 euro per day (the festival lasts for 4 days).
- The groups have to arrive after 5pm on 24 April and depart until 11:00am on 28 April. The festival does not accept extra expenses for groups arriving earlier or departing later by the announced times.
- All participants of the festival must have valid health insurance covering hospital treatment.