International Christmas Festival of Arts
|Country and Region||Bulgaria — Sofia|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Music|
|Location of Festival||Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria|
|Festival Contact Information|
Hristo Stankov, President of Nestia
The international Fest of Arts is held in Sofia each year. There are about 400 participants taking part from Bulgaria and foreign countries. In this folklore event participants include folklore ensembles and groups; dancing and vocal groups; soloists and instrumentalists from all over the world. This international festival seeks to promote and share the folklore and traditions of different nations to strengthen the friendship and the identity of each country.
|Festival Dates||December 27 - 30, 2012|
Conditions of participation 2012:
- The group may not number over 50 persons (including group leaders, choreographers, orchestra, drivers etc.).
- The groups should prepare 10 and 20 minute programs accompanied by play-back CD or a live orchestra.
- The organization committee will accommodate the groups in the city of Sofia (sleeping, 3 meals a day, medical service, if needed). Groups should inform us if there is any special diet or food requirements (vegetarians).
- The members of the groups should have medical insurance.
- The travel costs to and from Sofia should be covered by the participants.
- The organization Committee will grant fuel to each group, which comes with its own bus/fuel will be given for the distance from Sofia to the performances’ places or cities.
- For the groups which come by plane, the bus will be reserved and covered by the Festival’s Committee. In case the group wants to go to the excursions out of Festival’s city, they should pay €90 for bus transportation per day.
- The groups need to send application form for participation, pictures and other advertising materials by mail. All applications should be received not later than 40 days before the festival starts, by fax or email.
- Each group should pay: Hotel (€65 per person for entire period); and Students’ dormitory/hostel (€54 per person for entire period)
- For each 20 persons, one is free.
- 30% of the participation fee has to be prepaid not later than 30 days before the event starts.
- The other 70% should be paid when the group arrives.
- Payment after the above mentioned date will not be accepted.
- Exceptions from the above mentioned conditions are possible only after a decision of the Festival’s Organization Committee.
- Each group should bring a country’s flag.
- All groups can sell souvenirs and/or СDs.
Extra Days 2012:
- Each group can stay extra days in Sofia or come before the date, fixed by organization Committee as “date of arriving”
- The organization committee will accommodate the groups in city of Sofia (sleeping, 3 meals a day, medical service, if needed). Groups should inform if there is any special diet or food requirements (vegetarians). The members of the groups should have medical insurance.
- During the extra days, the groups which come by plane, should pay 90 euro per day for bus transportation.
- Each group should pay: Hotel (€21 per person per each extra day); Students’ dormitory/hostel (€18 per person per each extra day)