Photo Credit: Tania Jooris; Photos © Paulusfeesten v.z.w.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Belgium — Flanders|
|Type of Festival||Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Ostend, Flanders, Belgium|
|Festival Contact Information|
Paulusfeesten—music fills the streets of Ostend, on the Belgian coast near Bruges. Begun in 1973, the volunteer-organised event attracts 25,000 visitors for a mix of concerts centered in Paulusplein.Music runs the range from Celtic ballads, Dixieland favourites and classical music to straight-ahead rock combos and Wawadadakwa, the "ultimate mixture of Latin rhythms, kitsch Eighties pop and trance beats". In addition film screenings, small theatrical performances and shows for kids round out the varied mix of this free festival.
|Festival Dates||August 11 - 17, 2010|
- The festival is located in the centre of Ostend near the main church (St. Petrus and Paulus church) within walking distance from the railroad station.
- 5 stages—1 mainstage in front of the church, 2 side stages on 2 squares besides the church and 2 in door stages (1 in a typical Belgian “spiegeltent” and 1 in a nearby building).
- There is catering available where you can buy food and beverages at reasonable prices.
- This festival is for free.
- Hotel reservations—this can be done trough the tourist office.