Creative Forum for Independent Theatre Groups (Europe-Mediterranean)
Photos courtesy of Creative Forum for Independent Theatre Groups (Europe - Mediterranean)
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Egypt — Alexandria|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt|
|Festival Contact Information|
International Association for Creation and Training (I-act)
Since its first edition in 2003, the Creative Forum for Independent Theatre Groups has been an International artistic, cultural phenomenon which takes place in the ancient city of Alexandria, Egypt. The Creative Forum is based on the concept of anti-festival, for it is a space of absolute artistic expression, where there is no place for formalities. The Creative Forum has always aimed at achieving an interdisciplinary approach in which creativity; education, dialogue, knowledge, publications, translation and building joint projects are blended together. In this context, the Bibliotheca Alexandrina (BA) in cooperation with the International Association for Creation and Training (I-act) have the pleasure to announce the Call for participation for Performances of the 8th edition of the Creative Forum, which will take place from 1-10 February 2011, Alexandria, Egypt.
|Festival Dates||February 1 - 10, 2011|
Application Procedures 2011:
- Genre of the Show
- The Creative Forum accepts all types of Contemporary Theatre Art: plays, dance, physical performances and installations. Along with the application form, a CD/ DVD of the applying performance must be enclosed (each Theatre Group must submit only ONE performance). The selection process will be realized by a Jury Committee, who will decide upon the participating performances. In case of acceptance, the DVD version of your show will be considered as the final one to be presented during the Fourm, unless stated and agreed otherwise with the Fourm Organisers.
- The official working languages of the Creative Fourm are Arabic and English. One of those languages should be spoken fluently; otherwise at least one person with an adequate language command should be present. Please notice that, for the wordy plays, it is preferable to have them presented in English. If this is not available, please send a translated synopsis of the work along with your DVD.
- Publicity material
- Theatre groups are encouraged to enclose with the DVD any additional relevant material, such as photos, press criticism, …etc. At least ONE printed photo of the Show/Theatre Group has to be sent with the material (to be printed in the pamphlet in case the group is accepted). The material, including CD/DVD, is not returnable.
- Deadline for submission
- The deadline of receiving the applications and the DVDs is September 30, 2010. However, the applications are to be sent in soft copies to Margo Gorgui (firstname.lastname@example.org), while the DVDs and the related material should be sent in hard copies to the address mentioned below. In order to avoid the risk of delay or loss, the material should be shipped via special courier (DHL, Aramex, FedEX, but not via normal post) . Kindly consider that the above mentioned deadline must be respected; applications received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection process. Final results will be announced at a later date.
- Send to:
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina - Arts Centre
El-Shatby - Alexandria - Egypt 21526
Attention: Dr. Mahmoud Aboudoma (Arts Center Consultant)
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina - Arts Centre
Conditions of Participation:
- Group size
- The Creative Fourm will cover the expenses of a maximum of 6 persons within the selected Theatre Group. Any additional artists will have to cover their own expenses; however, they can benefit from the special rate of accommodation provided to the BA.
- The Forum covers a maximum of 6 nights/ 7 days in double rooms on bed and breakfast basis.
- Flight tickets
- The Forum does not cover any flight tickets expenses. Groups/Individuals are invited to cover the expenses of their flight tickets or search for funds to support their participation in the Creative Forum.
- In order to cover the meals and daily expenses, the organizers will provide a per diem in EGP for a maximum of 6 days for each selected artist.
- Local transportation
- This service will be provided for the troupes according to their flight schedules; one van upon arrival and another one upon departure. The Forum will not be responsible if members of the same troupes arrive/depart on different dates/flight schedules. Additional costs of transportation will have to be covered by the troupes.
- Guests who would like to attend the Creative Forum will have to cover their own expenses. However, they can benefit from the special rate of accommodation provided to the BA.
- Chosen groups will be asked to sign an agreement/acceptance form.
- The Forum does not cover any travel or health insurance.