Newport Jazz Festival
|Country and Region||United States — Rhode Island|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Newport, Rhode Island USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Newport Festivals Foundation, Inc.
Founded in 1954 by George Wein Newport Jazz Festival is one of the first American jazz festivals is regarded by many as the single most important event in jazz. The inaugural year featured legendary artists including Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gillespie, Billie Holiday, Errol Garner, and Gerry Mulligan. In addition, emerging talents made their debuts on the festival stage. The festival takes place at Fort Adams State Park.
|Festival Dates||August 1 - 3, 2014|
Jazz Cruise 2013:
- 2014 marks the 60th Anniversary of the Newport Jazz Festival. To help commemorate this milestone, we’re hoping to offer a unique experience to our Newport Jazz Festival attendees and supporters, and hope you can join us! We’re considering working with one of the top luxury cruise lines to provide you a seven-night Jazz Festival at Sea, which will include a stop at the Newport Jazz Festival on Saturday and Sunday! The week-long cruise will depart from the Northeast, and will make a port stop in Newport for the two-day event, allowing you to enjoy the land festival while keeping home base on the ship - you can go back and forth at your leisure! After Sunday’s festivities on land are over, the music and fun will continue for a multi-night music festival on board a beautiful cruise ship. You will cruise alongside 2,000 fellow jazz lovers, and enjoy multiple, intimate stages full of music from some of your festival favorites and additional new faces.
- Reservations to book your cabin
- Because there’s limited capacity on the ship, we invite all those interested in joining us to put down a fully-refundable deposit HERE by September 27th to secure your cabin! For only $300 per cabin for an interior or oceanview cabin or $500 per cabin for a balcony cabin or suite, you will automatically be entered into the pre-sale, given first priority booking your cabin and get access to a special concert onboard. We’re excited about this opportunity to provide our guests a unique jazz experience. In addition to our festival, travelers will enjoy luxury accommodations, fine dining cuisine and visits to interesting ports along the way. We are working in association with Sixthman, a company who specializes in music festivals at sea, to help us build an incredible added event for our fans.
- Details to follow
- Once we’re ready to launch the cruise and announce more details, we’ll automatically apply your deposit to your cabin of choice. Our international fans are welcome to attend, but please note that all deposits and payments are in USD and any refunds are subject to the currency exchange rate at the time of refund.
- Cabin prices
- Cabin prices start at $1775 per guest for interior cabins, $1975 per guest for oceanview cabins and $2450 per guest for balcony cabins (plus taxes and fees), and will include all onboard concerts, tickets to Saturday & Sunday at the Newport Jazz Festival (August 2nd & 3rd, 2014), and a week long vacation on a luxury cruise liner. All guests who place a deposit by Friday, September 27th will be invited to reserve a cabin prior to the general public, and will receive a special concert onboard for booking early! The cabin booking order will be determined by the deposit order and will be subject to cabin availability. You will be notified by Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 of all details and be granted access to our reservation system to select your cabin.
- Stop over at Jazz Festival 2014
- All guests who book the cruise will have tickets to attend the famed Newport Jazz Festival, which features multiple artists on three stages at historic Fort Adams State Park. The festival runs from 10:00am until 7:00pm on Saturday and Sunday, and guests will have the ability to travel back and forth to the ship at their leisure during those hours.
- Please join us!
- We hope to see you onboard the Newport Jazz Festival at Sea next year! To make your deposit and reserve your spot on this vacation of a lifetime! https://www.sixthman.net/account/shipstarter/newport
- If you like this festival — listen to…