Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival
Photo Credits: See Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Oak Hill, New York USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival
The current IBMA Bluegrass Event of the Year, Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival features four performances stages—the Main Stage, with its natural amphitheatre; the Masters Stage, where you’ll hear unique combinations of top artists in an intimate setting; our Family Stage with loads of activities for kids of all ages; and the Dance Paviliion, which features the best dance bands in the business long into the wee hours. The festival also offers three learning venues—the Bluegrass Academy for Kids, a four day learning program for kids age 8 and up; the Grass Roots Sessions, with hands-on workshops by bluegrass music great teachers; and our Slow Jam Tent for beginning pickers at a speed that everyone can follow.
Tent or RV Camping on site is a great way to enjoy the festival’s spirit to its fullest. We supply water, portable toilets, handwashing stations, 24-hour first aid and round-the-clock security. Ice, hot showers, pay phones are available on site (no hookups). On Vendors Row you’ll find mouth-watering fresh festive and ethnic foods, handmade crafts, music vendors and shops offering top quality products.
An enormous extended family comes with the package. You won’t be a stranger long at our relaxed and friendly event. Camping-in-the-rough not your thing? There are plenty of motels, B&B and campgrounds in Greene County’s beautiful Catskill Mountains. Lodging fills up nearby, so reserve early.
Grey Fox is the subject of the full-length documentary film entitled “Bluegrass Journey” featured on public television stations nationwide. The festival was also selected to kick off BBC World’s “Destination Music,” a 2006 13-part series featuring music festivals around the world.
Let Grey Fox carry you away! Leave the world behind, kick back and enjoy the music, our beautiful surroundings and thousands of fellow bluegrass lovers who have Grey Fox permanently inked in on their calendars!
|Festival Dates||July 18 - 21, 2013|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- In order of appearance
- Aerial image of festival venue, photo by Bill Moogan
- Crooked Still, photo by Dave Weiland
- Grisman & Del, photo by Dave Weiland
- Sarah & Aiofe, photo by Dave Weiland
- Sunset, photo by Dave Weiland
- Grey Fox Reflection (in a band member's sunglasses), photo by Dave Weiland
Tickets & Everything Grey Fox:
- Online at http://www.greyfoxbluegrass.com
- By phone in US: 1-888-946-8495 (EST)
- International: +01 315-724-4473 (EST)
- EST = Eastern Standard Time
- The Walsh Farm
1 Poultney Road
Oak Hill, New York 12460