Mad River Festival
Photo credits: See Practical information below.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — California|
|Type of Festival||Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Blue Lake, California USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Mad River Festival
Since 1991, the Dell’Arte Mad River Festival has brought together performers and audience members from “around the world and down the block” for performances of theatre, music, comedy, storytelling, clown, puppetry and more. Hosted in Dell’Arte’s two theatres in Blue Lake, plus other venues in the area, the MRF has presented troupes from Brazil, Russia, Europe, Canada and across the United States, as well as top solo performers from around the world. The Festival features new works, with original performances by the resident Dell’Arte Company and and other guests. In its final week, the MRF partners with the Humboldt Folklife Festival for a week of music performances and workshops, culminating in a full day of music in the streets, Dell’Arte’s Rooney Amphitheatre, and around the town.
The Mad River Festival is held concurrently with the Dell’Arte Summer Workshops, allowing for a great opportunity to train and to observe some of the best physical theatre performers in the world. Check out this year’s schedule—and join us! The Festival is funded in part through the Lila Wallace-Reader’s Digest Fund Program for Exemplary Community Arts Centers, the National Endowment for the Arts, the California Arts Council, the Flintridge Foundation and the Theatre Communication Group/International Theatre Partnership.
|Festival Dates||June 20 - July 21, 2013|
- If you like this festival — listen to…
Photo slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance
- Andrew Eldredge and Jerome Yorke as the twin Dromios. Photo by Nels Israelson
- Zuzka Sabata as Ageon, with the ensemble. Photo by Nels Israelson
- Mad River Festival, Pratik Motwani in Mary Jane: The Musical; photo, Terrence McNally, Arcata Photo Studio
- Mad River Festival, Mary Jane: The Musical; photo: Sargon Bacchus
- Anna Gettles, Meghan Frank, Emily Newton, Ruxy Cantir, Joan Schirle as Antiphola in The Comedy of Errors. Photo by Carol Eckstein
- By phone
(01) 707-668-5663, Ext. 20