Coachella Valley Music Festival
Photos courtesy of Mitch Schneider Organization. See Practical information below for photo credits.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — California|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Indio, California USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Coachella Valley Music Festival
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is an annual festival that hosts an eclectic international line-up of musicians. Join Coachella in its green initiatives — power up your cell phone at Bike stations on site, check out the wind and solar installations that power the festival, and much more. The Coachella Festival partners with environmentally friendly organizations.
Coachella is two separate events, held over two consecutive weekends at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California. The aim is to have each weekend be identical both weekends — with the same lineup, same art, same place, with only a different audience!
April 12 - 14, 2013
- Friday, April 12th and 19th
- The Stone Roses
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Modest Mouse
- Lou Reed
- Jurassic 5
- and… Dog Blood, How to Destroy Angels, Passion Pit, Tegan and Sara, Band of Horses, Beach House, Metric, Local Natives, Of Monsters and Men, Infected Mushroom, Japandroids, Divine Fits, Stars, Johnny Marr, Luciano, Wolfgang Gartner, Nicky Romero, Modestep, Tommy Trash, Thomas Gold, the Shouting Matches, Dillon Francis, Four Tet, Aesop Rock, Alt-J, Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, TNGHT, Jake Bugg, Earl Sweatshirt, Polica, Sparks, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Purity Ring, Lee Scratch Perry, Dam-Funk, DJ Harvey, Jamie xx, Seth Troxler, Youth Lagoon, Deathfix, C2C, Beardyman, Lord Huron, Palma Violets, IO Echo, Skinny Lister, the Neighbourhood, Sam XL Pure Filth Sound
- Saturday, April 13th and 20th
- the XX
- the Postal Service
- Sigur Ros
- New Order
- Hot Chip
- Grizzly Bear
- Knife Party
- and… Benny Benassi, Two Door Cinema Club, Moby, Descendents, Yeasayer, Franz Ferdinand, Violent Femmes, Simian Mobile Disco, Spiritualized, Puscifer, Cafe Tacuba, Portugal, the Man, the Make-Up, Bat for Lashes, Richie Hawtin, Major Lazer, Fedde Le Grand, Dropkick Murphys, FOALS, Ben Howard, 2 Chainz, Janelle Monae, Danny Brown, Wild Nothing, Booka Shade, Bingo Players, Allen Stone, El-P, the Selecter, Pusha T, Kill the Noise, the Evens, Biffy Clyro, Theophilus London, Baauer, Zane Lowe, Trash Talk, Birdy Nam Nam, Action Bronson, Jason Bentley, the Wombats, Guards, Mona, Savages, Shovels & Rope, Huoratron, Kurt Vile, Reignwolf, Cassy, 3Ball MTY, Kids These Days, the 2 Bears, the Colourist, Vintage Trouble
- Sunday, April 14th and 21th
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Vampire Weekend
- Social Distortion
- Wu-Tang Clan
- Pretty Lights
- Eric Prydz
- Tame Impala
- and… the Lumineers, Dead Can Dance, La Roux, James Blake, Excision Grimes, the Gaslight Anthem, the Faint, Hardwell, Paul Oakenfold, Dinosaur Jr., Raider Klan, OMD, Roni Size, the Airborne Toxic Event, Father John Misty, Tanlines, Rodriguez, Alex Clare, Paul Kalkbrenner, Jessie Ware, Loco Dice, Jamie Jones, the Three O’Clock, Disclosure, Mimosa, Cloud Nothings, Parov Stelar Band, Julio Bashmore, Thee Oh Sees, Dub Fx, Maya Jane Coles, JEFF the Brotherhood, Smith Westerns, Dirtyphonics, Joris Voorn, Hanni El Khatib, Danny Avila, Ghost, DIIV, Little Green Cars, Mord Fustang, James McCartney, Unicorn Kid, Robert DeLong, White Arrows, Deep Vally, Wild Belle, Adrian Lux, Ladies Night
Artist feature 2013:
- International DJ icon Cassy brings her unique house and techno sounds to Coachella on Saturday, April 13 and Saturday April 20, followed by dates in North America and an extensive touring schedule in Europe. In today’s male-dominated DJ culture, Cassy remains a long-respected and talented artist at the top of her field — one who, in today’s digital world, still retains the old-school aesthetic of playing mostly vinyl sets. As such, she was featured as one of only two women in Rolling Stone’s The 25 DJs That Rule The Earth and was featured in Billboard Magazine’s Ultra Music Festival (7) Sets To Watch this year. Cassy is also slated to release a compilation on London’s club fabric’s eponymous long-running mix series this August 2013. Effortless style and flawless ability has led Cassy to residencies at some of the world’s most prestigious clubs, including Berlin’s Panoramabar, Rex Club in Paris and Trouw in Amsterdam. Cassy is a top tier house and techno artist with a discography that includes collaborations with Kirk Degiorgio, Swayzak and Ricardo Villalobos. She has been featured on some of the most respected record labels in the scene, such as Desolat, Soma, Poker Flat, Balance Music and Osgut Ton, and was the obvious choice to mix the most recent Cocoon Heroes album last summer, which set the scene for an incredible season in Ibiza. Born Catherine Britton to an Austrian mother and a Caribbean father, Cassy is a DJ as well as vocalist and true world citizen. She calls many places home, having lived in Vienna, London, Berlin, Paris and Amsterdam. Cassy is a devoted woman about craftsmanship, as she wholeheartedly believes in vinyl to give that special feeling to her DJ sets. Cassy’s performances are a harmonious blend of tradition, imagination and individualism—just like her personality.
- For additional information visit
- Google Plus
- If you like this festival — listen to…
Photo slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance
- Les Claypool, photographed in Sebastopol, CA February 8, 2009 ©Jay Blakesberg/Retna LTD.
- B.O.B., photo by Bob Phelps
- Coachella by sunset 2009, photo by Chris Miller
- Coachella crowd scene 2009, photo by by Gerry Maceda
- David Guetta, photo by Ellen Von Unwerth
- Deerhunter, photo by Hisham Bharoocha
- Gil Scot-Heron, photo by Mischa Richter
- Sunny Day Reak Estate, photo by Brian Tamborello
- Vampire Weekend
- Empire Polo Field
81-9-800 Avenue 51
How to get there:
- By train
Amtrak Indio Station
NE Corner Hywy-111 and Monroe Street
Sunline Bus Stop
Indio, CA 92201 (3.53 miles to Venue)
- Online at
- To help preserve the environment, we strongly encourage carpooling!
From Los Angeles—
Interstate 10 East towards Palm Springs. Pass Highway 111. Exit 10 at Jefferson Street or continue on and exit at Monroe Street. Traffic personnel will direct cars to the Empire Polo Field, and the event parking lots.
From San Francisco—
Interstate 5 South to the 10 East or take the 101 South to the 10 East. Exit 10 at Jefferson Street or continue on and exit at Monroe Street. Traffic personnel will direct cars to the Empire Polo Field, and the event parking lot.
From San Diego—
Interstate 15 North to the 215 North to the 60 East to the 10 East. Exit 10 at Jefferson Street or continue on and exit at Monroe Street. Traffic personnel will direct cars to the Empire Polo Field, and the event parking lots.
From Las Vegas—
Interstate 15 South to the Interstate 10 East. Take 10 east towards Palm Springs. Pass Highway 111. Exit 10 at Jefferson Street or continue on and exit at Monroe Street. Traffic personnel will direct cars to the Empire Polo Field, and the event parking lots.
Interstate 10 West towards Palm Springs. Exit 10 west at Jackson Street. Turn left at the stop sign, and follow the Festival Parking signs to the event parking lots.